Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

need my 05 RXP to go faster than the GTX IS

Hi,
    A month or two ago my uncle bought a GTX IS. That ski is badass, and puts my 05 to shame.

So I want to do something about that...

3 weeks from now were all going on vacation to Wisconsin and were bringing the skis with us. Iím hoping to modify my rxp to at least beat out in speed my uncleís ski.

Current mods on the 05 include the upgraded supercharger for 07 specs, a power filter kit from riva, and I think the stage one prop they sell as well.

I have been reading through the posts and the current mods i want to do are the pump wedge, the race engineering opass black offs, and the riva intake grate (according to riva I should use this with the pump wedge though I remain sort of skeptical, I was hoping to get some feedback about the also)

Total price is 500/600 which I can spare because some of this stuff Iíve been wanting to do for a while (plus it adds to the resale value which is always a great way of justifying it ha)

I was hoping for feedback on what you guys think about that on here as well if you had any tips as what i could do to help improve speed.

Thanks!

+1
    IMO go with a Fizzle IC, wedge, bend prop. That will get you a nice speed upgrade.

Get him to race on flat water and you should beat is A$$... Ron

+1
    once you get a different intercooler in there, you'd see a huge difference in performance. I think I've seen a few in the classifieds section.

Quote Originally Posted by aha View Post
    IMO go with a Fizzle IC, wedge, bend prop. That will get you a nice speed upgrade.

swap the Air Intake with a 4"

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiplickhahaha View Post
    Hi,
    A month or two ago my uncle bought a GTX IS. That ski is badass, and puts my 05 to shame.

3 weeks from now were all going on vacation to Wisconsin and were bringing the skis with us. Iím hoping to modify my rxp to at least beat out in speed my uncleís ski.

Current mods on the 05 include the upgraded supercharger for 07 specs, a power filter kit from riva, and I think the stage one prop they sell as well.

I have been reading through the posts and the current mods i want to do are the pump wedge, the race engineering opass black offs, and the riva intake grate (according to riva I should use this with the pump wedge though I remain sort of skeptical, I was hoping to get some feedback about the also)

Total price is 500/600 which I can spare because some of this stuff Iíve been wanting to do for a while (plus it adds to the resale value which is always a great way of justifying it ha)

I was hoping for feedback on what you guys think about that on here as well if you had any tips as what i could do to help improve speed.

Thanks!

4" Kana, I/C upgrade (fizzles), Green wheel or a X charger, 42# injecters, intake grate, RE's and a free flow exhaust or better yet a through hull exhaust. I would do those before the wedge in my opinion and of coarse the free upgrades. Then you can work with impeller endin or even a different impeller. Those mods I listed in my opinion are the best bang for the buck, and will really wake it up.

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jayohentran View Post
    once you get a different intercooler in there, you'd see a huge difference in performance. I think I've seen a few in the classifieds section.
    Nice GP1300R, I just bought one as a back up to my always broke down RXP

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiplickhahaha View Post
    Hi,

3 weeks from now were all going on vacation to Wisconsin and were bringing the skis with us. I`m hoping to modify my rxp to at least beat out in speed my uncle`s ski.

Total price is 500/600 which I can spare because some of this stuff I`ve been wanting to do for a while (plus it adds to the resale value which is always a great way of justifying it ha)

Thanks!
    all info from others is good, but I think your going to need more power to match or beat the 255 is. I may be wrong but I would think your going to have to make around 10 psi of boost to accomplish your goal.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirates81 View Post
    Nice GP1300R, I just bought one as a back up to my always broke down RXP
    Thanks, they're nice skis

+1
    i agree, dont bother with RE's yet or wedge, unless you get them cheeep, if you want more speed, you gotta get a better SC wheel or better SC completely, and upgrade the IC from stock to external.
    and most likely improve the fuel system with injectors and fpr.
    all is available in the classifieds, used, or new from the store, figure out just how far you wanna go, and then post up here, so you can get advice to match fuel system requireemtns to what parts you wanna bolt on.
    the RE's and wedge are not gonna get you the speed you are lookin for. he's got 255 hp you only got 215.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information