Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1

    95 SL-750 Snapped brass nipple off in oil line

    I just finished rebuilding the carbs on my ski and was placing them back on tonight when i noticed one of the connections snap off for the oil lines that connect right below the carbs? I have been online looking at a few sites to see if any one still sold this part. One of the sites refers to it as a "pipe" Could this be right? Does it pull right out and is replaced with the new one?

    I will continue to look but if any one knows what I am looking for i would appreciate all input you have.
    Last edited by bevelman98; 07-30-2009 at 11:01 PM. Reason: wrong web address


  2. #2
    la90043's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,201
    the tube is called the "pipe".

    the nipple is called the "check valve"

    look here
    http://fiche.worldofpowersports.com/...ype=13&A=8&B=1

  3. #3
    She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    17,328
    +1
    29
    You can always go premix if you can't fix it.

    And welcome.

  4. #4
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,574
    +1
    1,272
    Welcome

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    You can always go premix if you can't fix it.

    And welcome.

    Wow how dumb of me... i really didn't think about that option. Although i have read other posts that recomended doing that simply because if the oil pump gave out you would burn out the cylinders in no time. Nice idea thank you much!! I think i will just attempt that instead of bothering with finding this part and ordering it up.

    What would you suggest for fuel oil mix. Also is there a type or band that you like better then polaris.

    Thanks much!!

  6. #6
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,574
    +1
    1,272
    Quote Originally Posted by bevelman98 View Post
    Wow how dumb of me... i really didn't think about that option. Although i have read other posts that recomended doing that simply because if the oil pump gave out you would burn out the cylinders in no time. Nice idea thank you much!! I think i will just attempt that instead of bothering with finding this part and ordering it up.

    What would you suggest for fuel oil mix. Also is there a type or band that you like better then Polaris.

    Thanks much!!
    There are several threads that cover the conversion to pre-mixed oil+gas.

    Normal ratio is 40:1, if memory serves.

    You will burn about twice the oil with pre-mix as the oil pump, and may need to tweak the carb screws to compensate for the oil in the fuel.

    Lots of good 2-stroke oil choices, and lots of threads discussing oil. Synthetic is usually better, if you are OK with the cost.

    Good used parts are not hard to find, try John Zigler;
    Polaris PWC Parts Sources

  7. #7
    Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Boulder City, NV
    Posts
    3,364
    +1
    1
    I'm confused as to which fitting broke? "The fitting just under the carb". The 95 750 had the oil port check/valve in the venturi of the flame arrestor base which is above the carb when installed. Item # 21 in the diagram. Or was it one of the outlet ports on the pump?


  8. #8
    Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Boulder City, NV
    Posts
    3,364
    +1
    1
    Either way, I think I have what ya need for the cost of shipping. I have an extra oil pump ( doesn't have the throttle linkage - it's a constant volume pump), and flame arrestor base.
    Or did you break the capped fitting in the intake manifold like in the picture below? If thats the case, you can fill it with an epoxy thats compatable with fuel/oil. That was for the autocock that should have been deleted from your ski.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM3353.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	144440  

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by starflight View Post
    Either way, I think I have what ya need for the cost of shipping. I have an extra oil pump ( doesn't have the throttle linkage - it's a constant volume pump), and flame arrestor base.
    Or did you break the capped fitting in the intake manifold like in the picture below? If thats the case, you can fill it with an epoxy thats compatable with fuel/oil. That was for the autocock that should have been deleted from your ski.
    I'm a little confused as to what i'm looking at as well Just below each carb connected into the engine is a small clear oil line. These connect onto into a manifold **I belive** via a shaft with a nipple on the end. One of those nipples have broken. Still seriously thinking about premix and be done. I see that the oil for synth is crazy $$ but if it saves me from an oil pump failure perhaps its worth it?

  10. #10
    Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Boulder City, NV
    Posts
    3,364
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by bevelman98 View Post
    I'm a little confused as to what i'm looking at as well Just below each carb connected into the engine is a small clear oil line. These connect onto into a manifold **I belive** via a shaft with a nipple on the end. One of those nipples have broken. Still seriously thinking about premix and be done. I see that the oil for synth is crazy $$ but if it saves me from an oil pump failure perhaps its worth it?

    Can you post a picture of it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Polaris SL 750...running a '93 CDI in a '95?????
    By Drewma in forum Polaris Tech Tips and Info
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-31-2014, 04:17 PM
  2. 95 sl 750 - Pressure in fuel tank ...
    By SpectraBrite in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-09-2012, 07:30 PM
  3. ’95, SL 750-Pre-Mix, gobs of fuel in engine-no start
    By dorf in forum Polaris How To & FAQs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-09-2008, 11:18 AM
  4. Removing Pump from rear of 95 sl 750
    By sweetcoupe in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-12-2007, 11:41 PM
  5. 95 SL 750
    By chipeia in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-30-2007, 09:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •