Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

stg 1 1/2 questions

Hi,just found this site and have a couple of questions about an 04 rxp I just bought.The boat has 30hrs on it and has the full stg1 kit plus riva supercharger impeller.The previous owner installed the 15/20solas instead of the 14/19 thinking he would do stg2 kit but never did.The wear ring does look like it needs replaced because I can feel a small groove.My issue is the ski will only do 70.7gps with rpms usually around 8050/8100.Should I be pulling more mph with the above mods?Air temp around 90,lake temp 85.Thanks guys

prop

I think it's a bit too much prop.

Thanks smc I thought that might by the case.When installing the riva filter kit are you supposed to remove the stock intake setup that goes from in front of the seat to down next to the battery?The previous owner left it in but it seems removing it would allow more fresh air to enter.

anyone?

Banned User

Stock Air filter

I removed mine

Speedy,

Given the temps of the air/water you are riding in, I do not think your speeds are bad. The Riva s/c impellor you have only gives between .50-1.0 lb of boost over the stock one. This doesn't really yield any more top speed. It will give you better low and mid range response.

Stg I skis run between 70-72. I think if you run the gas down, run the trim 2 tics up (with the pump wedge) you will get to 71 and then 72 in the cooler months. Your rpms are perfect for the weather you have.

Brendan

prop

I still think the prop is a bit too much, not enough to make you go to a new one but ask Jerry for 2mm bend. I'm going to do mine and I have a little hp them you have. I'm not saying your ride will preform poorly it should preform better.

Speedy - spring for a Riva or RR i/c and get into the 75+ club!

Thx for the info guys.I found out from the previous owner that it has the 14/19 solas instead of the 15/20.As far as the the riva intercooler can u say winter project? how mch mph can u expect with the intercooler?Also what is the cheapest most effective way to eliminate porposing on these ski?

Quote Originally Posted by speedy
    Thx for the info guys.I found out from the previous owner that it has the 14/19 solas instead of the 15/20.As far as the the riva intercooler can u say winter project? how mch mph can u expect with the intercooler?Also what is the cheapest most effective way to eliminate porposing on these ski?

Speedy - the Riva i/c is good for at least 2 mph. The best way to control the porpoising is to add an aftermarket set of opas blockoffs. The two best are Race Engineering or Riva pro-series.(app $300) Both available from Jerry.

Brendan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information