Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

RXP-X - Intake Manifold Filter

How hard is it to remove manifold filter with out the riva kit on the rxp-x and did any one notice a power increase when they removed it. I am ordering a bunch of parts today but if i can remove filter my self at home i would rather spend a few hours doing it for free.

+1
    I have not done this mod yet, plan to in the fall. However, i heard/read that taking it out yourself takes some time, but your not cutting a hole, which eliminates the chance for any "leaks". Buddy of mine say a 1lb increase.

Did he see the increase on a boost gauge

I did it to my ski... removeing the manifold was a piece of cake... but removing the flame arrestor out of the t-body toke me and my brother a few hours... piece of advice, buy a long nail nose vise grip.. that way you dont bust up your hands.... also dont try to break the flame arrestor into tiny pieces, that'll just make the job harder... first there should be a metal bar that holds the arrestor into a cylinder, take that bar out, then collaspe the flame arrestor into itself, try to pull it from out in big pieces....

I didn;t notice any speed increase, i think i got +.2mph, but hole shot was better... pretty good for a free MOD and a few hours worth of work...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by t_hoang02 View Post
    I did it to my ski... removeing the manifold was a piece of cake... but removing the flame arrestor out of the t-body toke me and my brother a few hours... piece of advice, buy a long nail nose vise grip.. that way you dont bust up your hands.... also dont try to break the flame arrestor into tiny pieces, that'll just make the job harder... first there should be a metal bar that holds the arrestor into a cylinder, take that bar out, then collaspe the flame arrestor into itself, try to pull it from out in big pieces....

I didn;t notice any speed increase, i think i got +.2mph, but hole shot was better... pretty good for a free MOD and a few hours worth of work...
    Not tryin to hijack, but what size nozzle you got on your ski, and what RPM's are you turning.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by herc View Post
    Did he see the increase on a boost gauge
    Yes on a boost gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxcrazy23 View Post
    Not tryin to hijack, but what size nozzle you got on your ski, and what RPM's are you turning.
    The best i got was 73.4 MPH 8160RPM..... I just installed a stock RXP nozzle, which is a 83mm nozzle.... cost me 55 bucks used.... but I'll be testing this sunday.... Ill post result..

This is sounding a like a good rainy day mod. thanks to all. ill pull it my self i just wanted to make sure it was possible. I never been in the manifold but i have built a few race cars so it should be easy for me.

Quote Originally Posted by herc View Post
    How hard is it to remove manifold filter with out the riva kit on the rxp-x and did any one notice a power increase when they removed it. I am ordering a bunch of parts today but if i can remove filter my self at home i would rather spend a few hours doing it for free.
    I did it the free way with tin snips and long needle nose pliers. It was a PITA!!

canadian iceman
    +1
    just did mine on rxpx and it is time consuming yet quite easy. Be patient when twisting and pulling on the metal mesh of the filter...good luck

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information