Question for Tampa area riders.

I have only had mu ski for a little over a year. I want to check out Caladesi/ Honeymoon Island. I normally go to 3rooker, snell, beer can, or I mess around off sr60 since I live close to it.

If I drop at Dunedin Causeway from what I understand I just follow it and I will run into Caladesi and Honeymoon. Is this correct. I don't have gps or anything. I plan on checking it out tomorrow.

+1
    When you drop off at Dunedin causeway you are facing Caladesi to the left of the channel, Honeymoon is to the right of the channel, you can't beach your boat on either one. If you head West towards the channel you can either go under the small bridge to go behind Honeymoon towards 3 rooker or you can head through the channel and to on the outside of Honeymoon. 3 rooker is the first island you will hit going north and Anclote will be the second island about 8 miles north I believe. You will see the lighthouse on the south end of the island. If you pass this you will see a sand bar that everyone hangs out on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	north.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	144106  

Quote Originally Posted by mirror View Post
    When you drop off at Dunedin causeway you are facing Caladesi to the left of the channel, Honeymoon is to the right of the channel, you can't beach your boat on either one. If you head West towards the channel you can either go under the small bridge to go behind Honeymoon towards 3 rooker or you can head through the channel and to on the outside of Honeymoon. 3 rooker is the first island you will hit going north and Anclote will be the second island about 8 miles north I believe. You will see the lighthouse on the south end of the island. If you pass this you will see a sand bar that everyone hangs out on.
    Thanks for the info and the Pic. I normally drop at seminole and ride to the causeway. I was unaware I could not beach at Caladesi or Honeymoon. I think I will head towards Ancolate and look for the sand bar.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by guno89 View Post
    Thanks for the info and the Pic. I normally drop at seminole and ride to the causeway. I was unaware I could not beach at Caladesi or Honeymoon. I think I will head towards Ancolate and look for the sand bar.
    Not sure about Honeymoon... but there are many places all around Caladesi island to beach your ski, actually everywhere but the state park beach access area

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by guno89 View Post
    If you drop in at Dunedin you have a lot of options and there is a lot of nice riding. Normally we'll go to the north sandbar just north of Anclote Island, ride around Anclote, go to the south sandbar, then Three Rooker, then around Honeymoon Island, then around Caledisi Island, then around Clearwater beach to Shepards, to the the intercoastal and head back to Dunedin causeway. All in all about a 60 mile trip.

As mentioned above you can see Caledisi from Dunedin causeway. Just watch out for the kayaks and the no combustion area on the backside of Caledisi.

You can bring your ski up to the beach on all the islands. The only place you can not take your ski is Honeymoon Island (not really an island).

Off topic question, heres hoping some one can help.

Thnx for the info

Thread Information