Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FZ Transom issue

I did a search but didnt find anything informative on this transom issue jerry mentioned.

Can anyone elaborate on it before I start poking around?

He said about squaring it up. I am assuming that it is not perfectly mounted, maybe a bit cockeyed which would explain my drifting issue with it. My guess is that one side is hanging a bit low.

+1
    From what I understand, it means to align the plate to the pump liner making sure that there is not a lip in the direction of the water flow. Also they say to measure the intake grate and ride plate for side to side measurement making sure that they are square to one another as well as to the hull.

Hopes this helps. I may not have described it very well.

Matt

+1
    I thought he was talking about the lip on the top edge of the transom plate where it buts up to the top of the pump tunnel. You can see it and get to it, by removing the pump, just a matter of grinding and sanding it off.

thanks guys. I will look at it this weekend.

+1
    Yes inside of the pump for the transom plate and pump liner is what I was talking about with the direction of water flow checks. The ride plate and intake grate is to help keep the craft tracking correctly and not to create water turbulance as the two parts work with each with other as the craft moves across the water.

+1

Thumbs up transom plate checking on FZR/FZS easy way to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by dogger View Post
    I did a search but didnt find anything informative on this transom issue jerry mentioned.

Can anyone elaborate on it before I start poking around?

He said about squaring it up. I am assuming that it is not perfectly mounted, maybe a bit cockeyed which would explain my drifting issue with it. My guess is that one side is hanging a bit low.
    Checking for correct transom plate mounting. Remove the bolts at the back of the pump/stearing nozzle that hold the rubber sound deadning curtin on. Remove this rubber flap use a good light and look in the back of the cavity on the outside of the pump assy. where the transom plate mounts to the hull at the top. There are two tabs that come up off the top of the transom plate these two tabs have matching tabs made on the hull be sure the tabs on the transom plate are touching the tabs on the hull on each side if one side is not tuching then the plate is crooked or if both sides have a gap of more than .015" between them then the transom plate needs to be removed and re sealed correctly being sure the tabs on both sides are touching when the transom plate is re sealed and tighened to specfications. It only takes 10-15 mim. to take a look and be sure everything is ok. If its not then the pump assy. ride plate and transom plate all must be removed to correct this assembly error 2-3 hours ! Re seal transom good with 3M 5200 .Tommy Jordan

thats awesome sir. I am doing it now...

+1
    Save five minutes by not reinstalling the rubber flaps too.

Easier to hear if it's runing that way.

rubber flaps equal sound deadening... got it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    Checking for correct transom plate mounting. Remove the bolts at the back of the pump/stearing nozzle that hold the rubber sound deadning curtin on. Remove this rubber flap use a good light and look in the back of the cavity on the outside of the pump assy. where the transom plate mounts to the hull at the top. There are two tabs that come up off the top of the transom plate these two tabs have matching tabs made on the hull be sure the tabs on the transom plate are touching the tabs on the hull on each side if one side is not tuching then the plate is crooked or if both sides have a gap of more than .015" between them then the transom plate needs to be removed and re sealed correctly being sure the tabs on both sides are touching when the transom plate is re sealed and tighened to specfications. It only takes 10-15 mim. to take a look and be sure everything is ok. If its not then the pump assy. ride plate and transom plate all must be removed to correct this assembly error 2-3 hours ! Re seal transom good with 3M 5200 .Tommy Jordan
    Tommy...any chance for some pictures?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information