Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ruined my FZS impeller

A friend and I went river riding this weekend and were in an area we never were before. All of a sudden we noticed our engines sounded different and our tail spray was brown!
    We freaked out and gave them both gas to turn around, and bounced on them until they came out of the garbage. The FZS sounded like it had something stuck in the intake great because I had a weak holeshot. It would seem to be fine over 30mph, but the holeshot would struggle (almost like it was out of water). We checked the great and it was clean.

We took it to a local mechanic and he said the impeller was done.
    So I was wondering, do I just get a stock impeller or do I move to an after market one?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by we7313 View Post
    A friend and I went river riding this weekend and were in an area we never were before. All of a sudden we noticed our engines sounded different and our tail spray was brown!
    We freaked out and gave them both gas to turn around, and bounced on them until they came out of the garbage. The FZS sounded like it had something stuck in the intake great because I had a weak holeshot. It would seem to be fine over 30mph, but the holeshot would struggle (almost like it was out of water). We checked the great and it was clean.

So I was wondering, do I just get a stock impeller or do I move to an after market one?
    How did he come to that conclusion?

Personally I would look at getting the Dynafly if in fact your stocker is toast.

+1
    We freaked out and gave them both gas to turn around, and bounced on them until they came out of the garbage.
    It isn't really going to matter what impeller you buy if you don't change this action. Riding in the shallows and giving it gas to get out will just toast your next impeller. Get off and walk it out until it is deep enough to start riding again.

Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
    How did he come to that conclusion?

Personally I would look at getting the Dynafly if in fact your stocker is toast.
    He said he could see light around the outside. Thats how he said he could tell.

Quote Originally Posted by mirror View Post
    It isn't really going to matter what impeller you buy if you don't change this action. Riding in the shallows and giving it gas to get out will just toast your next impeller. Get off and walk it out until it is deep enough to start riding again.
    Yes, the lesson was expensive.

+1
    Yes, the lesson was expensive.
    You'll want an impeller sooner or later. Just get one now and do some more mod's and you'll be happy your first one went south...

Just my .02.

Quote Originally Posted by mirror View Post
    +1

Ive watched people smoke their screw many times as the tides roll. I keep aware as best I could of what im riding in. If I get the slightest difference in feel, or a bump, I immediately stop the engine to investigate. 9 times out of 10, its shallow. Luckily where I am at now its clear to the bottom most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post
    You'll want an impeller sooner or later. Just get one now and do some more mod's and you'll be happy your first one went south...

Just my .02.
    If I get an aftermarket by itself will I see any performance gains? If not what needs to go with it?

depends on the pitch, and what you have done now, if anything.

+1

fzs impeller

I have brand new oem impeller.Pm me for price.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information