Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Birmingham AL
    Posts
    2,924
    +1
    2

    Open loop cooling question

    So I installed an open loop cooling kit on Wannabegoing80's stage 3+ rxp and being I have built a few conversions I know the GPRXP we need regulate the water pressures. Is there a need to do this on the RXP? I forgot to ask Dan when I saw him on Saturday. Or is the way the water system in the rxp already bleading off water psi? Snow man?


  2. #2
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by Lvnspeed View Post
    So I installed an open loop cooling kit on Wannabegoing80's stage 3+ rxp and being I have built a few conversions I know the GPRXP we need regulate the water pressures. Is there a need to do this on the RXP? I forgot to ask Dan when I saw him on Saturday. Or is the way the water system in the rxp already bleading off water psi? Snow man?

    I regulate mine..I like to know what temps my engine is running and not guessing or assuming that its good..We have found here in Chi-Town that if you start geting around or below the 160 degree mark that the Comp. starts to richen up the fuel..Anything above that seems to be OK..Now according to Dan(JD1) if you run your cooling the way he has it in the diagram youll be good..Which is fine and all, But me personally like to keep my engine at a certain temp in all conditions so i regulate mine...I kept the bleed off in the head and i ran a pisser out the back..SO IF the engine pressure gets to high it has somewere to bleed off to...

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    novwhere
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    I regulate mine..I like to know what temps my engine is running and not guessing or assuming that its good..We have found here in Chi-Town that if you start geting around or below the 160 degree mark that the Comp. starts to richen up the fuel..Anything above that seems to be OK..Now according to Dan(JD1) if you run your cooling the way he has it in the diagram youll be good..Which is fine and all, But me personally like to keep my engine at a certain temp in all conditions so i regulate mine...I kept the bleed off in the head and i ran a pisser out the back..SO IF the engine pressure gets to high it has somewere to bleed off to...

    can do you send we JD1's diagram??

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    PDX - Oregon
    Posts
    2,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Lvnspeed View Post
    So I installed an open loop cooling kit on Wannabegoing80's stage 3+ rxp and being I have built a few conversions I know the GPRXP we need regulate the water pressures. Is there a need to do this on the RXP? I forgot to ask Dan when I saw him on Saturday. Or is the way the water system in the rxp already bleading off water psi? Snow man?
    Dan told me no need to regulate no need to tune just bolt and go.

    Repsol, a few threads down there is a jd1 diAgram.

  5. #5
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77
    Have you tested yet PDX? How long did it take you to install etc?

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    PDX - Oregon
    Posts
    2,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    Have you tested yet PDX? How long did it take you to install etc?
    After staring at the diagram for an hour it was simple. See my how to.....

    No I Have not tested yet...waiting on a repitched prop from SKAT....

  7. #7
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
    Dan told me no need to regulate no need to tune just bolt and go.

    Correct...I am just one that likes to be able to know what the engine is running in terms of temps...With differant water temps comes differant engine temps....








    Quote Originally Posted by repsol View Post
    can do you send we JD1's diagram??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JD1 open loop diagram.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	144354  

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. open loop cooling question
    By jasonstang88 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-12-2009, 06:59 PM
  2. open loop cooling question
    By DaveC in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-09-2008, 06:14 PM
  3. Open Loop Cooling Question
    By suck my wake in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-17-2008, 05:01 PM
  4. Open Loop Cooling question.
    By lafjax in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-04-2008, 06:39 PM
  5. water intake for open loop cooling question
    By lee in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-10-2007, 09:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •