Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Parking lot jerks

So I take the wifes Tahoe on a trip to meet up with the buyer of my trailer. While I was out, she takes my truck to the grocery store. She parks next to a hummer h3. Well, low and behold, she comes out and my truck was keyed on the side where this hummer was. My son said the rear tire of my truck was on the yellow lane divider so I guess that was enough to make them do this. 2 each 2-3 foot goudges in the bed. She called me from the store so I had her go back in to see the manager. He is going to get his IT people to pull the parking lot tapes to see what they can see but told us not to get our hopes up.
    My question is this, should I file a police report and be an ass about this or try to get over it? Now my truck is not new but it was all but spotless. I am f***ing sick over this. I damn near want to go sit in the parking lot there until I see a green hummer and then repay the favor. ASSHOLES!!

file a report on those assholes

+1
    File a report. It probably is not the first time they have done something like that to someone else.

stake out the lot!
    that asshole deserves worse...

unless they are actually caught on tape, you won`t get jack. You need to see the asshole actually putting the key to your truck. The Police can investigate and view the tape, but then you won`t be able to take justice into your own hands...

don`t know if it is worth it to file an insurance claim, vandalism.
    wouldn`t hurt to call and ask, your prolly looking at over a grand to repaint the bed... good luck...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkF350 View Post
    So I take the wifes Tahoe on a trip to meet up with the buyer of my trailer. While I was out, she takes my truck to the grocery store. She parks next to a hummer h3. Well, low and behold, she comes out and my truck was keyed on the side where this hummer was. My son said the rear tire of my truck was on the yellow lane divider so I guess that was enough to make them do this. 2 each 2-3 foot goudges in the bed. She called me from the store so I had her go back in to see the manager. He is going to get his IT people to pull the parking lot tapes to see what they can see but told us not to get our hopes up.
    My question is this, should I file a police report and be an ass about this or try to get over it? Now my truck is not new but it was all but spotless. I am f***ing sick over this. I damn near want to go sit in the parking lot there until I see a green hummer and then repay the favor. ASSHOLES!!
    I dont know how texas works with acccident reports. In Jersey once you "leave" the scene of an accident we give you paperwork that you have to file and send to the state. Basically takes the PD out of it. If the store can gets the plate off the vehicle def. speak to the local PD and move forward from there. I know exactly how you feel, my truck is spotless and i noticed someone backed into my front bumper and took some of the paint off a couple months ago. Pretty much your on your own right now. Just shows there are assholes out there who won't fess up to petty mistakes.

Stake it out and leave a tire iron through there windshield!

+1
    this is what I think of those over sized death machines...

http://images.google.com/images?clie...pell=1&start=0

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTrin View Post
    this is what I think of those over sized death machines...

http://images.google.com/images?clie...pell=1&start=0

The Hummer didn't key the tahoe, a stupid person did.

+1
    Sorry to hear about the truck. Man that is one clean truck for being used. I though it was brand new when I first seen it. Had one of mine keyed a few years back ( 14 ) by the wifes ex, really sucks, I still wish death and destruction on his ass. Heck almost forgot, did you sell the trailer?
    Last edited by troyheb; 08-03-2009 at 07:45 AM. Reason: forgot to ask

Still crazy after all these beers Mac Daddy Racing's Avatar
    I took a picture of a guy keying a car in the parking lot of a local hardware store (playing with camera). I got him keying it, waxing the window, then getting in his car. Got nice close up of him, the car, his plate and the look on his face when he seen me (priceless). Good thing I am a lot bigger than he is as he was NOT happy to have his picture taken. Cops took the camera and memory on Sunday(yesterday) hope I get it back.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    Sorry to hear about the truck. Man that is one clean truck for being used. I though it was brand new when I first seen it. Had one of mine keyed a few years back ( 14 ) by the wifes ex, really sucks, I still wish death and destruction on his ass. Heck almost forgot, did you sell the trailer?
    Thanks Troy; if the truck was a beater, I would not be near as pissed off. I did sell the trailer. I was at hour 16 of a 19 hour trip to meet the guy so the call from the wife did not go over too well. My speed went from 75 to 85.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy Racing View Post
    I took a picture of a guy keying a car in the parking lot of a local hardware store (playing with camera). I got him keying it, waxing the window, then getting in his car. Got nice close up of him, the car, his plate and the look on his face when he seen me (priceless). Good thing I am a lot bigger than he is as he was NOT happy to have his picture taken. Cops took the camera and memory on Sunday(yesterday) hope I get it back.
    If you would, post what the outcome is.

I took off today so I am going back to the store to see what I can find out on the tape and will call the police from there to do a report. I am hoping the police will work with me. There can't be that many green H3s registered in Beaumont so I would hope the police could give me a report that could be used to cross reference store sales for that time period. I know there are a lot of variables so it may be a waste of time and maybe I watch to much CSI.
    Parking lot justice may be my only recourse and I tell you, I have spent much more time in my life on more stupid things. If this takes me 2 weeks of sitting in that lot every waking moment that I am not at work, then so be it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information