towing tube question

Hello everyone,
    I am thinking of buying this towable tube

I got a 2006 Seadoo GTX limited SC.

Do you think I can tow this? I do not plan to tow my kids very fast since they are still pretty young (They are from 7 to 10 yrs old only)

Technically speaking, you'll be able to pull it. Legally speaking, you better not get caught. You can't carry more passengers than the rated limit of the craft. 3 seats means 3 passengers (driver, spotter, rider). Seats added by the towable don't count.

So if you're on a private lake, no problem. If you're in patrolled water (local police, sheriff, conservation police, DNR, or coast guard) you will get a ticket...it's easy $$$.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stop23 View Post
    Technically speaking, you'll be able to pull it. Legally speaking, you better not get caught. You can't carry more passengers than the rated limit of the craft. 3 seats means 3 passengers (driver, spotter, rider). Seats added by the towable don't count.

So if you're on a private lake, no problem. If you're in patrolled water (local police, sheriff, conservation police, DNR, or coast guard) you will get a ticket...it's easy $$$.

He's right, at least in NJ. I'd check your state to be sure. I have 2 person tube like that, which I pull from my ski. Knock on wood, I've never been stopped, but I do know it's illegal. It might be a good idea to have another ski out there with you with empty seats, you could argue that.

Those type's of tubes sit low on the water and they can beat you up. Get 3 adults, heck even 2 teens in them and you may have a hard time getting on plane.

I like the big tall fat ones like the space shuttle

Thread Information