Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: cornering

cornering

we are new to jet skies I bought a 96 waveraider for the wife bone stock. after riding it it seems kind of unpredictable in the corners. I think it will be a little to tricky for her to ride. What happens is you turn in it plows for awhile then it starts to hook and turn pretty well then seems to spin out relatively easy. The plowing I think she can deal with just fine its the spin outs that worry me with her. I would hate for her to get hurt or hurt somebody else from this happening. Granted she wont ride as aggresive as I was. but I would feel better about it if I could make a little less likely to spin on her. What could I do to help it ride plate, change sponsoon angle if possible,etc.what would you suggest? Thanks

+1
    Get better spons and you can also get an ext turning nozzle if your not looking for raw top end spend. I have Riva one for $75 + shipping which carries the same outlet as stock in terms of ID....but is 50mm longer.

M

Has she ridden it yet? I have a raider and neither I nor any of my girlfriends has ever had a problem with it. It does "skitter" a bit sometimes, but that's actually part of the fun once you get the feel for it.

no I am not concerned with top speed she won`t ride that fast. I will look into the spons for it I haven`t seen a whole lot of aftermarket stuff for this ski. I seem to find stuff for the 94-95 then 98 and up for some reason. no she has not been on it as of yet, we just recently got it only one ride on it so far and that was me. she injured herself over the weekend so it may be a few weeks before she gets to ride it

Look around in the old school forum. Also look for posts from jetmaniac and L Carlson on here - I got parts from both of them for my 96. And of course ebay. Carlson told me to cut out the two center bars out of the pump grate to help keep the ski "hooked up" in choppy water. Haven't done it yet so can't report as to what else that helps with.

+1
    Chopping the center bars will NOT help with hooking up in the chop....at all.

Get a top loader from pro-tec.us for that....

M

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpeavler View Post
    Get better spons and you can also get an ext turning nozzle if your not looking for raw top end spend. I have Riva one for $75 + shipping which carries the same outlet as stock in terms of ID....but is 50mm longer.

M
    Do you notice much difference in handling with an extended nozzle? Does it work with the trim system?

WR507 is the part number for WORX sponsons for your waveraider.

i'd recommend PPG (perry Performance Group) for your purchase.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TempoGT View Post
    Do you notice much difference in handling with an extended nozzle? Does it work with the trim system?
    yes and yes

It turns the skis 10 x better then a stock nozzle and still uses the trim system. It makes the trim have more auth over the stock...which is great if you need to trim up or down.

M

+1

Maxflow Pump Nozzle

Anyone have any experience with the pro-tec Maxflow Pump Nozzle (http://www.pro-tecperformance.com/pumpcomponents.htm - bottom of the page)?

Does it actually increase the thrust as they claim?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information