RXP Wear Ring Replacement

Hello all, Iím new to the forum and to RXP ownership. I have read several good write ups on replacing the wear ring on the forum, and I feel more than comfortable doing the work. I have the ring, the impeller removal tool, a copy of the service manual, and the normal array of hand and air tools. I just want to be sure I am not missing any little small parts or consumables, such as o-ring, gaskets, sealers, tools, or greases. So, if anyone has any input I would appreciate it.
    Thanks,
    Kevin VanCleave

wear ring

don't remove impeller. just put pump in the freezer for an hour then take 2 pairs of pliars/channel locks and grip the end of the ring on opposite sides and wiggle it back and fourth and pulling at the same time and it will come out. also put new ring in freezer with pump then when you pull old ring out install the new one with rubber mallet around ring or use a piece of wood that goes over the whole ring and tap it down.

I just did a wear ring on a friends RXP. Left it in the freezer for over an hour
    Still no luck. That thing was in there tighter then a crabs ass. Had to cut it out

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Len View Post
    I just did a wear ring on a friends RXP. Left it in the freezer for over an hour
    Still no luck. That thing was in there tighter then a crabs ass. Had to cut it out
    06 RXP 5th wear ring. No problem, put it all the the freezer. If you leave in long enough, chit will fall out and fall in, like a loose coochie

No secrets, it is an absolute piece of cake

I was going to give the freezer method a try for sure. I bought the impeller tool just in case. I was more curious about any miscellaneous odds and ends to be prepared for.

Thanks
    Kevin

If you use the freezer method do me a favor and pull the pump cone off to make sure there is no water in the pump bearing area.......I've seen the freezer method go wrong

the newer wear rings that SeaDoo started using are harder to get out then the old style for RXP/RXTs

I have another method but I don't recommend. I do it when I'm pressed for time and haven't had a problem
    clamp 2 pair of vise grips on each side of the wear ring TIGHT. alternate between sides using a hammer to hit the pump flange while holding the vise grips with the other hand. It works well but like I said I don't recommend it (neither does SeaDoo) I asked

either way you choose put the new wear ring in the freezer......try to start the ring strait by hand (i use some Dawn to ease things) get a piece of wood place it centered on top of the ring then smack it with a hammer

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Len View Post
    Wow... that is tight ....

Thanks for the help guys. The wear ring in it only has 20 or so hours; however, a douche bag that will go unnamed thought it would be a good idea to run the ski at WOT in less than 18" of water. I guess, pumping a slurry of sand is a bit abrasive, who would have thought (dripping in sarcasm).

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    Wow... that is tight ....
    Dr. Len must be a gynecologist of crabology. Oh chit crabs! Freeze it, it will slide right in ,no Ky necessary. If your pump bearing freezes up because you have water in it, then it is our own damn fault, piss poor maintenance, take care of your chit man! Pay them now or pay them later, because seadoo loves crabs.

Thread Information