Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Cavitation Problem? Help!

I have an 06 RXP and it has 26hrs on it and i started to notice that its cavitated a lot outta the whole , when i put it to the bar it revs out then starts to move, mid range and top end are find when i get on it, but from a slow roll and outta the whole its getting worse, my mods are exhaust and intake , which i did yesturday and i noticed the cavitating more when i did those mods but that could just be coinsidence. I checked the wear ring and it looked ok , im hoping its not the SC washers , already!! Although i heard these things can go very fast and i ride in ruff water alot, anything else it couldbe other than those 2 things ,your help would be great. Thanks

+1
    Dam NeverEndn,I just put a new carbon seal and seal gasket on my 04 rxp because of cavitation out the hole and it still does the same thing.I've been seeing alot of rxps with cavitation problems.

Banned User

Fixed my cavitation

I can't be sure if you guy's problem is even related with mine but my '06 RXP started doing the same thing the other day while I was out jumping waves. I came in, took off my pump and the prop nut had backed off just slightly(Talken very-slightly), I took everything off Re-tightened and lock-tighted prop,sealed pump and re-installed.... Fixed my problem

I changed the plugs the other day , and it seems ever since that its did this , but it does have a slight rough idle , im going to also check all the hose fittings for the air intake.

Clean Plugs

Were the plugs clean? Do you have metal washers?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex13
    I can't be sure if you guy's problem is even related with mine but my '06 RXP started doing the same thing the other day while I was out jumping waves. I came in, took off my pump and the prop nut had backed off just slightly(Talken very-slightly), I took everything off Re-tightened and lock-tighted prop,sealed pump and re-installed.... Fixed my problem
    Its not possible for the prop to slip at all unless your splines on the driveshaft are messed up....

I put a new wear ring in and it only cavitates when i full trottle from a dead start, it only does it for a second or too. i thought that was sort of normal at least for the amount of power we put down...

No i have the ceramics still, but i only have 24hrs on the thing. And ya the plugs were clean but i dont think there gapped properly, and ya mine spun a bit when i punched when i first got it but now it does it a lot

Ahh....where am I?
    +1
    My experience this weekend....New Wear Ring = No cavitation! Not to say thats your problem, but if you've ever sucked up stones or shells, u might just want to check it!

Put the pump in a coller with some ice and water...ring fell out in 4 min. The new ring was harder to put back in even after being iced.

I had a cavitation problem, the ring was worn about 1mm all around, plus how ever deep the gouges were from the shells and rock that were sucked up last year. It never effected my top speed as I hit 66.4 with the worn ring, but out of the whole it cavitated for 2-3 seconds until it poped up on plane.

Quote Originally Posted by majundecid
    My experience this weekend....New Wear Ring = No cavitation! Not to say thats your problem, but if you've ever sucked up stones or shells, u might just want to check it!

Put the pump in a coller with some ice and water...ring fell out in 4 min. The new ring was harder to put back in even after being iced.

I had a cavitation problem, the ring was worn about 1mm all around, plus how ever deep the gouges were from the shells and rock that were sucked up last year. It never effected my top speed as I hit 66.4 with the worn ring, but out of the whole it cavitated for 2-3 seconds until it poped up on plane.
    My ski is brand new tho!! it only has 25hrs on it and i have never sucked up any rocks or anything yet, i looked into my pump yesturday with a flashlight on both side and it looked mint, but i guess you cant really tell until its off!, how would you be able to tell if its the SC clutch, or maybe the knock sensor!, it has a slight rough idle , but im going to back in my old plugs and see if that works, i re tightened all my hose fitting on my exhaust and air intake. Im just afraid to take it to my dealer to have them look at it and void my warranty cause of the air intake

Ahh....where am I?
    +1
    I'm not the expert, cause I havn't done the slip test yet, but the SC slipm movement test. U need a torque wrench. There is a post on the forum that explains how to do it!

If the SC washers are gone, I believe you wont hear the wine of the SC. I'm not sure...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information