Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1

03 Avalanche ....STOLEN!

So my brother lives in a decent part of town in a some what hard to find neighborhood if you dont know where you are going got his truck stolen out of his drive way last night along with his phone and wallet and check book. OnStar said that they can't track the truck because it was equipped with the analog version of OnStar. SO I guess im wondering if the truck will ever be found. Is it possible for Chevy to still track this truck? How about the cell phone? Any help finding this truck is apprecieated!

Nothin' runs like a Deere IowanGPR's Avatar
    wow, the only thing you can really do is report it stolen, attempt to get the cell phone tracked. I think that would depend on the kind of phone (some have GPS location on them and some dont) and look at local ads and craigslist. sorry to hear about this dude.

+1
    nick who did you talk to about the on star cuz that doesn't sound right...did your brother pay for the onstar subscription(or currently have a subscription) they should be able to track it then....on the phone some you have to enable the gps some you dont...the best thing i would reccomend is report the truck and give the # of the cell phone to the autoritys to see if they can track it...lets just hope that the cell phone is still on...otherwise go into the carrier of the cell phone ask them if any phone calls have been made and if so to whom...then pass those numbers(if the cellphone carrier gives them to you) on to the authorities

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gorilla03 View Post
    nick who did you talk to about the on star cuz that doesn't sound right...did your brother pay for the onstar subscription(or currently have a subscription) they should be able to track it then....on the phone some you have to enable the gps some you dont...the best thing i would reccomend is report the truck and give the # of the cell phone to the autoritys to see if they can track it...lets just hope that the cell phone is still on...otherwise go into the carrier of the cell phone ask them if any phone calls have been made and if so to whom...then pass those numbers(if the cellphone carrier gives them to you) on to the authorities
    the onstar switch over was from GM. he did not have a subscription. all he can do is hope that the dumb asses hit the EMS button cause apparently that still works through onstar. I cant believe that they were dumb enough to steal something that has onstar to begin with...its gotta be kids. he alsready shut off the cell phone. plus I dont think that he enabled it anyways

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    the onstar switch over was from GM. he did not have a subscription. all he can do is hope that the dumb asses hit the EMS button cause apparently that still works through onstar. I cant believe that they were dumb enough to steal something that has onstar to begin with...its gotta be kids. he alsready shut off the cell phone. plus I dont think that he enabled it anyways
    It all depends on what the vehicle was stolen for. Car thieves either joy ride and dump it, use it for a crime, or that truck is in 10,000 pieces. Seasoned car thieves know exactly what they are stealing. Programs like Lo-Jack and the GPS system that On Star now has are good. But before you get lo-jack hopefully the police departments surrounding you have the program in there parol cars.

Sucks to hear about the truck!

+1
    I wish the cops were more interested in helping the public in my area but they are mostly trying to get everyone to quit driving. They are more focused on DUI's ( handing out 4 a day average in a town of 100,000). There have been multipule break ins in this neighborhood too and cops dont really seem to care...

+1
    Sorry to hear about your loss. The cops around here are just as bad. I had my skis stolen from the yard and had witnesses that saw the truck drive away they never came out. Then a year later when the skis were found when some guy tried to register them. They said they had too much to do to try to go after the guy that stole them. Yeah go cops.

Hope they get there Karma does happen.
    JOhn

Former 2 stroke hater!
    I had a car stolen from my shop once, it was there for repair. It was trailer park trash on a couple of roads over, kids. They drove it to the next town and stole another car then drove it to Houston where they were caught, being juveniles they were released to their parent(s). Im not saying everyone who lives in a manufactured house is trash, just the ones like those. I wish we lived in a country where it was legal to get people back who do wrongs against you. I hope your brother gets his ride back, more so I hope bad things happen to whoever stole it. I would gladly accept my ride being stolen if the perpetrator got killed in it! "Kill them all, let God sort them out"

+1
    Apparently this isnot the work of kids...the Sheriff finally got involved

http://www.heraldreview.com/articles...al/1042961.txt

It's a JEEP thing...You wouldn't Understand dirtdude35's Avatar
    this sounds like yalls police department,and what your are saying at the moment.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information