Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Has any one had any problems with the RXT IS

Thinking of getting one, wondering if any one has had any teething problems, being a new model and all the extra gadgits on it?

+1
    look for member 'aha' and read his post. his IS blew its shocks on the open seas. the only one at the moment that comes to mind

There are a few cases that I've read of computer issues and being in the shop for weeks. But then again, people are far more likely to come in here and complain about things than they are to come in and say that everything works perfectly.

I also have an RXT iS. I had problems with starting the machine after I turned it off. Come to find out, it was operator error! Their is a starting procedure, you WILL follow it, or it won't start. Other that that, I would not go back to a regular ski, I love that machine, and love how it smooths out the chop. I got it, and have never looked back.

Hopefuly get to ride one on the weekend no one near me has got one in stock so havent even seen one in the flesh. But look and sound good on paper. Got the kwaka to save the body in the rough but this looks even better. Plus would be good to go back to a seadoo.

IS255

I've had my RXT IS255 for three weeks and put 14 hrs on it with no problems. I plan getting it back to the dealer next week for the 10hr checkup. After that I want to do the 4" filter and maybe a few other things that will not void the warranty. I have done 70 mph on the GPS several times. I sucked up some clams and dinged up my impeller the first trip by sitting in neutral in hard sand mud mix about 18" deep (learning curve for me) cleaned them out and still ran 70 mph.

Later, Ken

+1
    I broke the rear boarding ladder bracket.. plastic fantastic should of been an alloy bracket. great ride hands down.

+1
    I blew my shock but seems it was just a bad shock since I have since raced it in the LB2Cat and just last weekend rode it really hard through some serious waves and the suspension held up great. Great ski IMO!

feet getting chopped off, and the built in GPS speed limiter,,,,, but other than that, great ski!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RDH View Post
    feet getting chopped off, and the built in GPS speed limiter,,,,, but other than that, great ski!
    Are you the only one with a GPS limiter? Mine runs consistently 67-68 in very hot conditions (Water 93F) and fully packed. The people posting here have not experienced any limiting either to my knowledge.
    I can't find a reference on the Seadoo site or the manual that the speed is capped, is this just a leftover artifact of early press releases and forum posts but it was never implemented?
    Looking at the RPM on mine they stay steady in the last seconds of acceleration to top speed (~61-6. If its speed limited I'd expect that to go down.

No issues other than the maintenance light coming on because the shop doesn't know what the proper procedure is. Keeps coming on every 10h

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information