Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ahh....where am I?
    +1

Can not remove impeller on 05 RXP/GTX Ltd

My impeller is stuck! I have the pump separated, and everything but the impeller housing removed.

The ski was acting up. When I let off the throttle, I heard I metal whining sound. Is it possible that the impeller came loose from the splines of the shaft, and ground/stripped the teeth?

Help.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by majundecid View Post
    My impeller is stuck! I have the pump separated, and everything but the impeller housing removed.

The ski was acting up. When I let off the throttle, I heard I metal whining sound. Is it possible that the impeller came loose from the splines of the shaft, and ground/stripped the teeth?

Help.
    Use the allen wrench with a BIG breaker bar and a BIG adjustable wrench along with prop tool..Use two people if it's really stuck, it will come! Ohh and it's reverse threads

Sounds like your pump bearing took a dump

Ahh....where am I?
    +1
    I mean it's still stuck on the machine. The impeller is still in the housing, the housing is still loosely mounted to the body (4 bolts r removed), and the shaft is still connected to the impeller, and engine. I can reach in, and pull it out enough to get my fingers by the rubber gasket, and pull, but it's not coming. I tried tapping lightly on the shaft and impeller, and wd40'ing the hell out of the splines.....

Nothing.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by majundecid View Post
    I mean it's still stuck on the machine. The impeller is still in the housing, the housing is still loosely mounted to the body (4 bolts r removed), and the shaft is still connected to the impeller, and engine. I can reach in, and pull it out enough to get my fingers by the rubber gasket, and pull, but it's not coming. I tried tapping lightly on the shaft and impeller, and wd40'ing the hell out of the splines.....

Nothing.
    Remove the venturi and reverse bucket so you can get a better look.. Lie on your back and look through the intake grate at the prop, anything odd?
    If all the bolts are out and it's still stuck, use mechanical advantage..Like a stick and a hammer from the intake grate(you may have to remove intake grate) Really! But not to hard!! It's likely just seized onto your drive shaft..also try and shoot some PB blaster in the prop cone to help break it loose

Ahh....where am I?
    +1
    Venturi and reverse bucket have been off for hours, same with intake grate. The only thing left is the Impeller shaft, and the impeller housing(which contains the impeller and stuff).

I don't want to pull too hard, I don't know what it's going to do on the inside of the hull where the shaft joins the motor.

See Image Below. Everything from #1 up and to the left is still attached, and stuck to the shaft.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SD05GTX4TECLTDSCIC13.gif 
Views:	307 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	144579  

Banned User
    I don't think you can really pull to hard..You may have to remove the shaft and all.. I think there is a How to in the How to section to remove the shaft..

It sounds like the prop came loose (wasn't tightened enough) and walked down the driveshaft and cut into the pump shoe area. It will become lodged in there pretty good. It happened to me, and when I finally worked it loose, it had ground away the pump shoe and the small fins as well. I replaced the whole damn thing!

Hopefully, yours isn't that bad.

Ahh....where am I?
    +1
    Your right, there is, I didn't want to go there....

Fracking toys!

By the way - if you had the prop "walk" forward enough, it will push on your carbon ring/bellows area and create cavitation and water intrusion. Just something to be very cautious of.

Brendan

Ahh....where am I?
    +1
    Crap, not again. Dover SeaDoo in Toms River said 7-10 days before they can look at it... There goes the summer! not bad, use it 3 times and I get fracked in the Ars!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information