250X Catch Can question

If I understand the layout and how the can is plumbed the lower hose is where everyone is putting the drain inline to drain off the gas if any gets caught there and the middle hose runs back up to the top end of the valve cover where the fluid is to be returned once the can is at that level. Crazy questionbut since the lower section is hard to get to even for a drain why not drill and put a plug on the upper top side and use the same device used to suck oil from the engine at oil changes? Any pros or cons in doing this. I was thinking of pulling the can, drilling and tapping with a 3/8 reducer that has a 1/4 inch thread inside tapped thread and just remove the smaller plug insert the hose and vac out the gas/oil mixture if there is any. Just and idea, anyone thought or alreay done it or is it a bad idea? FDM

+1
    The middle hose that runs from the valve cover is where all the blowby comes into the can.

I have the OCMS valve and it is not that hard to get a cup underneathe for draining.

So which hose takes the unwanted junk into the engine, the lower one?

The top hose goes to the airbox. The middle hose is the blowby gases. The bottom hose drains the fluid back to the oil pan. The mod. stop the gas/oil from draining back to the oil pan by holding it in the tank and drain later manually.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fulldrawmike View Post
    If I understand the layout and how the can is plumbed the lower hose is where everyone is putting the drain inline to drain off the gas if any gets caught there and the middle hose runs back up to the top end of the valve cover where the fluid is to be returned once the can is at that level. Crazy questionbut since the lower section is hard to get to even for a drain why not drill and put a plug on the upper top side and use the same device used to suck oil from the engine at oil changes? Any pros or cons in doing this. I was thinking of pulling the can, drilling and tapping with a 3/8 reducer that has a 1/4 inch thread inside tapped thread and just remove the smaller plug insert the hose and vac out the gas/oil mixture if there is any. Just and idea, anyone thought or alreay done it or is it a bad idea? FDM
    Good thought, but, the metal jacket is pretty thin (too thin to tap) and there is also baffling inside.

So does this help contain the gio issue? All that has to be done is remove the bottom return hose, cap the engine fitting and put a little valve on the bottom outlet of the catch can?

Thread Information