Is the EFI Control Unit a must with the D-plate

Is the EFI Control Unit a must with the D-plate. I have a 2004 GP 1300R and the exhaust temp light comes on about 10 secs after starting. I have looked around and think the the D-plate and temp chip is the way to go. When i went to get the plate Riva tells me i need the EFI Control Unit or the engine will run lean. Now i dont know a alot about the 1300r but its fuel injected and i must use a oxygen sensor. that nakes me think the stock EFI unit should adjust for a lean fuel mixture right? Please help i do not want to have to dump a lot of money fixing this thing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fj40l19 View Post
    Is the EFI Control Unit a must with the D-plate. I have a 2004 GP 1300R and the exhaust temp light comes on about 10 secs after starting. I have looked around and think the the D-plate and temp chip is the way to go. When i went to get the plate Riva tells me i need the EFI Control Unit or the engine will run lean. Now i dont know a alot about the 1300r but its fuel injected and i must use a oxygen sensor. that nakes me think the stock EFI unit should adjust for a lean fuel mixture right? Please help i do not want to have to dump a lot of money fixing this thing.
    Its said you do not need an EFI controller with a D-plate. My ski and other ski's I've known have ended up with a low range bog and it was fixed by getting an EFI controller.

d plate on my 08, no temp chip, and even before my fuel controller, no problems, i think it helped in the midrange, but it definitely doesn't bog outta the hole on my ski (jetworks for the win)

African-American
    +1
    I ran these mods without the efi :d-plate, freeflow exhaust, jetworks.

you will need the efi : to raise compression, change the air intake (race/powerfilter), increase timing, porting.

Thread Information