+1

2 quick questions

1. will the RAVES off of a 800 fit a 951? i have the red bellows on the 951 and they are leaking dirty oil. my 800 rfi has the green bellows and i was thinking of just switching them out.

2. what does DETO sound like? i have a "rattle" like sound at certain high rpms. no "ping" like sound that i can hear. hoping its just something rattling and not actually DETO.

thanks

"Tearing it up on the water" seadoobutch787's Avatar
    Take the bellows off the 800 raves and clean them out real good. Then put a small zip tie at the bottom of the bellow. You can unscrew the spring that keeps the top of the bellow on and cut one end of it about 1/8 of an inch. Look at the spring and you will see where the 2 ends meet, unscrew one of the ends. There will be a cone shaped one and the end of the other that is hollow, that is the one you can cut back a lil. Then all you do is screw them back together and install. Do not cut the end that is shaped like a cone, if you do you will have to buy another spring. There is also another way you can do that and that involves cutting the cone end and putting some safety wire through the spring and then hooking the ends together. The spring keeps the safety wire from cutting into the bellow.

Im not sure if the 800 bellows will fit a 951?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoobutch787 View Post
    Take the bellows off the 800 raves and clean them out real good. Then put a small zip tie at the bottom of the bellow. You can unscrew the spring that keeps the top of the bellow on and cut one end of it about 1/8 of an inch. Look at the spring and you will see where the 2 ends meet, unscrew one of the ends. There will be a cone shaped one and the end of the other that is hollow, that is the one you can cut back a lil. Then all you do is screw them back together and install. Do not cut the end that is shaped like a cone, if you do you will have to buy another spring. There is also another way you can do that and that involves cutting the cone end and putting some safety wire through the spring and then hooking the ends together. The spring keeps the safety wire from cutting into the bellow.

Im not sure if the 800 bellows will fit a 951?
    you lost me...what is the point of the proceedure to just stated if your not sure if it fit a 951? the oil leaking problem i have is with the red 951 bellows not the green 800s.

any answer on Q2? am hoping to track down the sound today.

Thread Information