Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Carbon Seal Alternative

I'm looking for something else other than the carbon seal, I still have some cavitaion going on and it is getting worse, and I cant leave it in the water cause it will start to take on water and fill the hull, it takes a while but I cant have that.
    Well what Im trying to say/ask what is the best bang for the buck on one of these seals with bearings? The type you have to greese or if there is one where you dont I want that.

Quote Originally Posted by xBigDaddyx117 View Post
    I'm looking for something else other than the carbon seal, I still have some cavitaion going on and it is getting worse, and I cant leave it in the water cause it will start to take on water and fill the hull, it takes a while but I cant have that.
    Well what Im trying to say/ask what is the best bang for the buck on one of these seals with bearings? The type you have to greese or if there is one where you dont I want that.
    Remember the Ford lifetime greased ball joints. If you do your my age. They were a Joke so be careful just cause someone takes off the nipple and says its greased for a lifetime doesnt mean it is. My experience is that those bearings need to be greased quite often and Seadoo grease was the best I could find at the time. I am talking 5 years back on a 2stroke. It would rust up in a week if I used waterproof wheel bearing grease. Saltwater. Thats a week on a trailer. I wont leave a JetSki in the water overnight unless I cant get it out

your sure the cavitation is the seal? and the leak is the seal also ?

+1
    What ski do you have? If you have an RXT or RXT-X (I think it will also fit the GTX but I will confirm this) I will soon have a great solution!!! Rad4 makes one specifically for the RXT and I will be doing a complete write up on how to install it. This seal is completely different than the others out there. Dont buy the one fits all and try to cut it to where you think it should be do it the right way with the seal designed for your ski.

I will have all the info within a week.

Check this thread out http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=102314

I have a sc 02 Gtx 120hr, I just dont want it to cavitate. and that seal was $230+

This one

+1
    I have a sc 02 Gtx 120hr, I just dont want it to cavitate. and that seal was $230+

This one

NO!!! Do not use that one on the GTX, RXT, or RXT-X. The driveshaft is different than the RXP! The Rad4 seal is designed specifically for the RXT, RXT-X, and GTX. The RXP shaft has a nice smooth flat area for the seal and bearings to properly seal and ride on. The RXT, RXT-X, and GTX do not, just look at the attached picture, that is what the shaft looks like. You can see there is not enough surface area for the seal and bearing to ride on. If you can please wait till I do my writeup on the proper solution I guarantee you wont be disappointed with the Rad4 seal solution.

+1
    Sorry, forgot the pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05689.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	599.6 KB 
ID:	144639  

What about this one? I need something for this weekend.
    I dont even think this is the one I need I just clicked it.

+1
    What about this one? I need something for this weekend.
    I dont even think this is the one I need I just clicked it.
    I wouldnt buy that either. I think that is for the older SeaDoo's and it doesnt have any clip to hold the seals in so they will blow out when you pump it full of grease.
    To get you buy for this weekend I would just get a new boot, carbon, seal, C clip, and collar. Otherwise I would wait. It is not worth the risk because if you put the wrong seal setup in there you will sink your ski.

Since I am pulling mine all apart I would be willing to sell you mine. It all has about 20-30 hours on it. Only thing is that tomorrow is already Wednesday so it wouldnt go out till Thursday. Where in FL are you?

I see you are in Haines city. You could have them by Friday. I could meet you if you really want. I'll send you a PM with my contact info.

I dont want the same stuff I got now, isnt there a big selection on these parts? or are they all $200+

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information