Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Taking ON Water

Taking ON Water

I have a 1994 Polaris sl750 ski and it is filling up with water. At first I thought it was just rain water from a few days but yesterday i made sure there was no water in there but today when i took a look at it there was a few inches of water. The water was above the drive shaft and about a inch or so up on the battery. The ski is on a slight slope and the back is in the water when it is parked. It is not taking the water in when i am riding it i amde sure of that. Any ideas of why this is occuring. Thanks

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Put it on the trailer and see if it comes out.

Are you sure it's not coming in the thru hull bearing? Have you greased it routinely?

See if the drain hose is attached to the black plastic under the hood. It drains any water that accumulates inside that area. If it's missing, that will go directly into the hull.

A bad seat seal?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Do you have a speedometer or MFD?

Check the little speedometer tube that is right under the drive shaft. If it falls off the nipple, or gets cracked, it will leak water into the hull.

Your model has bilge siphons, which suck water out of the hull when the engine is running. You could have a leak, and not know it if the bilge siphons are taking the water right out.

I had a 95 sl750 that had a constant leak that took me a long time to figure out. The cooling water tube that goes through the hull at the back next to the drive assembly had a crack in it. I think it was that way from factory. Replaced it and hull stays dry now.

I will take a look at the hoses. After i pumped the water out myself i went for a ride and then came back and docked it and it didnt have any more water in it, it was the same as when i finished pumping. I noticed the water accumulate overnight. One i docked it for the night i made sure there was no water in it when i came back the next morning there was a few inches. It is a very slow leak bc i moniterd it during the day and noticed no diff in water level. any ideas.Thanks

Check the drain plug at the rear outside of the boat near the jet pump. That can be lose or no good no more.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Is it a normal drain plug, or do you use the "duck bill" style?

I am not sure what type it is. Do you have any pics of the different types. Thanks

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Hey Kevin! Robertomon!!
    For drains, most older 94- have a regular 'plug" w/thumbscrew or? for a plug. (regular) Other type are the ones that you unscrew and they have a retainer that keeps plug from being lost. (duckbill)
    I always felt putting water inside the hull and looking underneath was best way to find leaks, although some may not show up unless under load. Tie to a dock if you have to, or run on the trailer when ramp isnt busy. Boy people get pissy on ramps these days.

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1

Duck bill

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...word=duck+bill

I can sit by the ramps for hrs. and have a good time! It's funny watching all the tempers flare over virtually nothing! I swear I've seen the beginnings of divorce out there trying to launch and retrieve boats. Watching people screw up is a bonus show. I do get a little annoyed watching people bypass the ready lane, and load the boats with all their supplies,and prep the boat on the ramp when I'm ready to launch!
    Most of those guys have California plates.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information