Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

new R&D top loader for x models

Has anyone tried the new R&D for the RXP-X or T-X I had the riva top loader, but it didnt work out, it doesnt hook up in the rough at all , its only good in smooth so why have a grate at all. I saw that the first R&D top loader had a cavaition hole shot problem so i dont want that, next would be the worx, 200.00 seems high, Right now i went back to stock which hooks up great in 2-3ft waves.. Just want alittle more speed with good hook up. My lake is always rough.

+1
    Buy it. Works very well. Switched from the Worx in Saturday's race to the new R&D on Sunday's race & had much better race speed (hook-up) in the rough stuff.

Doug

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Dawg View Post
    Buy it. Works very well. Switched from the Worx in Saturday's race to the new R&D on Sunday's race & had much better race speed (hook-up) in the rough stuff.

Doug
    Doug, is there much difference in top end between the worx and new R and D? How about the holeshot difference? Thanks for the rough water report.

+1
    Believe it or not, I have never had the opportunity to test these 2 grates back to back in smooth water to check speed & rpm differences. Pretty lame I know, but with all the issues I had lately with the trip out to Cali & hull issues & subsequent repair I've not got around to it. I know I will have it back on the ski for this weeks races in Somerville because it is always rough there.

Doug

+1
    I have them both the R&D CC grate has better hook up then the worx but the worx has the better holeshot. I'm willing to sell the CC grate for $100 if you're interested.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by philys21 View Post
    I have them both the R&D CC grate has better hook up then the worx but the worx has the better holeshot. I'm willing to sell the CC grate for $100 if you're interested.
    What sort of top speed increase over stock did you see with the Worx?

I don't race, but would like to have near stock grate hookup and holeshot on my X without sacrificing as much speed.

+1
    I'm not sure i'm working on getting a gps.

I Think the stock hooks up great, Even if the speed is down I would rather have hook up and a great holeshot to speed, To me it looks like the worx is the best for now, i had one on my 01 GP1200R it hooked up in the heavy rough water. plus alittle speed just not much. Only if i can find a worx cheaper than 200.00 ,Does anyone have one?

IM with ya Tricky, I can get rid of this cavitation problem,im throwing my stock grate back on and testing,even if it lost a MPH i dont care,my holeshot sucks with the cavitation

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Otto J View Post
    IM with ya Tricky, I can get rid of this cavitation problem,im throwing my stock grate back on and testing,even if it lost a MPH i dont care,my holeshot sucks with the cavitation
    Mod the stock grate you want loose any top end. In fact i never saw any cavitation with moded x grate. I have seen my fastest top end numbers on moded x grate but it just lacks in hookup in the rough. NOt as bad as riva but no where near the worx.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information