Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    noshowallgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    133
    +1
    1

    Question I need big help everyone please take one sec to read

    Yesterday while riding on the lake at about 62 miles an hour on display not gps my ski began to lose power it went from 62 and red line to 35 - 42 and rpms do not go up past 3.800 to 4.888 it feels like a cylinder is gone like it is running on 2 cylinders. The ski is a 1200 gpr the year is 2000 the hours are 174.2 it has waveeater clips in it and a d plate thatís it. Also before this happened I had an issue come up 2 hours before this happened it was the gas lever it stock I let it go and it continue to be at almost full throttle.

    Anyone please offer advice and how much do you think it will cost to fix. I am in Atlanta ga and if any one is local please help me out I am on a very tight budget but to keep my ski running I will stop eating for a month if I have to fix her up.

    Thank you all!


  2. #2
    All hail the Chief! fullboogie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,155
    +1
    44
    Pull the stinger pipe (Z shaped exhaust on the right side of the engine compartment) off and look at the carbs. Work the throttle while looking at the linkage to see if it is operating properly. There's a ton of things that can cause what you described, but with the little bit of info you provided, it's impossible to say. First things first - check out the carbs and report back.

  3. #3
    Is it almost winter yet??? ProXR 440's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Macomb, MI
    Posts
    254
    +1
    1
    Who fixed the carbs? This could be anything from a carb problem to a bad cylinder, did you happen to notice a change in the low end throttle response or a change in the exhaust tone? You'll have check and see that the butterfly's in the carbs are opening completely and that you still have 3 pistons...

  4. #4
    cappa 2004 xlt1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    bundaberg QLD Australia
    Posts
    24
    I would start by doing a compression test rule that out first

  5. #5
    CHICKA WAH WAH bren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Cairns, Australia
    Posts
    595
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004 xlt1200 View Post
    I would start by doing a compression test rule that out first
    spot on

    I reckon it will show a tale or two

  6. #6
    noshowallgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    133
    +1
    1

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by ProXR 440 View Post
    Who fixed the carbs? This could be anything from a carb problem to a bad cylinder, did you happen to notice a change in the low end throttle response or a change in the exhaust tone? You'll have check and see that the butterfly's in the carbs are opening completely and that you still have 3 pistons...
    No one has ever worked on the carbs they are original. the throttle reponse is very bad now almost like someone is holding the ski with a 5000 pound weight and the rpms go up super slow.

  7. #7
    noshowallgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    133
    +1
    1
    I will get someone to tell me compression asap. thank you all

  8. #8
    Sounds like this ski needs to be freshened up.... Rebuild the carbs and maybe the top end depending on what kind of #'s you get back from the compression test.

    You might be able to spray down the carbs with carb cleaner and free them up so they don't stick on you again and still be able to ride it for the rest of the season. But it sounds like the ski could use some goodies over the winter months

  9. #9
    noshowallgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    133
    +1
    1

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by bren View Post
    spot on

    I reckon it will show a tale or two
    Quote Originally Posted by treemoney View Post
    Sounds like this ski needs to be freshened up.... Rebuild the carbs and maybe the top end depending on what kind of #'s you get back from the compression test.

    You might be able to spray down the carbs with carb cleaner and free them up so they don't stick on you again and still be able to ride it for the rest of the season. But it sounds like the ski could use some goodies over the winter months
    yes i agree i will focus on the carbs.

  10. #10
    pokechop2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    summerville sc
    Posts
    223
    might want to go back an check the throttle cable issue an maybe spark plugs too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Everyone Please post one Speed Trick
    By 2fast4u in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 283
    Last Post: 04-23-2017, 10:04 PM
  2. Need Advice From Everyone Please!
    By noshowallgo in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-15-2008, 03:46 PM
  3. Please take the time to vote
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 10-05-2006, 10:04 PM
  4. Please take the time to vote
    By Green Hulk in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-25-2006, 11:23 PM
  5. Please take the time to vote
    By Green Hulk in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-22-2006, 03:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •