Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

raider in rough water

after doing a lot of reading on this board, you guys got me worried about my raiders handling in rough water. i havent driven it yet, im just waiting on some hardware to put the pump back together, should be good to go for this weekend. i was out in some pretty rough water today on my venture, and it handled great. is the raider going to be ejecting me constantly? what mods should i order to calm down the handling, since its already down waiting for parts? its a 94 btw.

+1
    It's simply not a great ski for rough water. Your 701 "purple" hull raider can be helped a little by adding a scoop intake grate to help keep it planted in the water. It's really an old school drag racing machine...even theh 701 was fast for being a 701!

Put a top loader or "mo flow" intake grate and a long ride plate on it to help....but it won't even compare to the heavy venture in terms of hook up.

M

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpeavler View Post
    It's simply not a great ski for rough water. Your 701 "purple" hull raider can be helped a little by adding a scoop intake grate to help keep it planted in the water. It's really an old school drag racing machine...even theh 701 was fast for being a 701!

Put a top loader or "mo flow" intake grate and a long ride plate on it to help....but it won't even compare to the heavy venture in terms of hook up.

M

i think im gonna pick up a jet dynamics ride plate from big raider. what grate should i be looking for?
    Last edited by official_style; 08-10-2009 at 08:37 PM.

+1
    Pro-tec MO-FLOW grate seems to be the choice if your riding in rough water.

M

+1
    I also ride in fairly choppy water with my 701 Raider (96) and I put on a pro-tec toploader intake grate, and found it helped quite a bit.

As for a ride plate, my stock one is decently long, and helps keep the nose down enough, but I don't know if an aftermarket one would help... any suggestions?

Is it almost winter yet??? ProXR 440's Avatar
    +1
    I had a '96 1100 Raider and Ride the Great Lakes and my biggest complaint was the obnoxiously wet ride you get. I recommend filling the bow eye and getting a splash guard. The bow would also like to hook and turn when landing from jumps or crossing waves. You'll get used to it

+1
    I hear ya. Riding with a passenger is a little rough when you land crooked and they aren't expecting it. Funny sometimes, but more annoying than anything.

I was reading how someone here (forget who, it was a while ago) had aftermarket splash guards but it would funnel the water straight through the bow eye. So my question is: which guard do you suggest, and what did you fill the bow eye with?

Quote Originally Posted by TempoGT View Post
    I also ride in fairly choppy water with my 701 Raider (96) and I put on a pro-tec toploader intake grate, and found it helped quite a bit.

As for a ride plate, my stock one is decently long, and helps keep the nose down enough, but I don't know if an aftermarket one would help... any suggestions?
    I am putting a protec intake on mine as well as the ride plate to see how much it helps, I have both on order at the moment. I am thinking of installing one at a time though to see the difference in them. I think I will install the intake first with stock plate. Then ride it once then install the protec plate.

+1
    Is the pro-tec plate shorter than the stock plate? Because if it is, I don't know if it'd make things worse in chop.

I am not sure if it is or not. I will try it either way the lakes around here are pretty choppy mainly from all the traffic.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information