+1

2005 RXT questions

This is my first post here in the 4-tec forum, so please be gentle. I'm an old faithful 2 stroker. I'm thinking of upgrading to a new ski, and I think it will be an 2005 rxt. I think I have chose this ski for a few reasons. Price, speed, upgradeability, and style. After some research on the riva site, I believe that this ski can be comparable to the t-x with only a stage 1 kit. I also believe the 05s were the last year before the coast guard (see puddle patrol) limited the top speed of pwcs. My first question is, what is a fair price on a used one. I see the nada value for an average retail ski is $5700. Is this a fair price? Since I'm new to four stroke? What should I look for? I know I should ask if the washers were swapped, and If there was ever a sc failure. What else should I be looking at? Thanks in advance for all your assistNce and patience!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dcman4usn View Post
    This is my first post here in the 4-tec forum, so please be gentle. I'm an old faithful 2 stroker. I'm thinking of upgrading to a new ski, and I think it will be an 2005 rxt. Good choice. I think I have chose this ski for a few reasons. Price, speed, upgradeability, and style. After some research on the riva site, I believe that this ski can be comparable to the t-x with only a stage 1 kit. Uhm...no. I also believe the 05s were the last year before the coast guard (see puddle patrol) limited the top speed of pwcs. Again....wrong. My first question is, what is a fair price on a used one. I see the nada value for an average retail ski is $5700. Is this a fair price? Yeah, in good shape. Since I'm new to four stroke? What should I look for? I know I should ask if the washers were swapped, and If there was ever a sc failure. What else should I be looking at? Thanks in advance for all your assistNce and patience!!!
    Take it for a spin.

Thread Information