+1

venture 1100 loading up at idle

had the venture out today, i noticed if it idles for a while, it feels like the carbs load. then if i get on it, it bogs for a little while. it seemed to do this when driving at low speeds sometimes also, a quick WOT blast would usually clear it out. is there an adjustment for this, or is it just because of all the oil getting dumped in by the injection system?

+1
    do these things come set rich from the factory? im thinking maybe because it only has 37 hours on it, it wasnt tuned after break-in? also, do the 1100s have the same carbs as the raider 701?

+1
    The carbs are different because your's has a remote fuel pump where the other 701's have 44 carb and or dual 38's with one of them having the pump...the other slave. It's possible that your just need to adjust the needles back to stock and use a good tach to get the mixture set right.

M

+1
    so this ski doesnt have mikuni super bns on it? which carbs does it have? what are the stock settings for the needles? i still need to print out the service manual. it isnt possible to adjust them without removing them is it?

+1
    Yup SBN carbs....but a remote fuel pump. Look for that pump...you will see the pulse lines going to it

M

+1
    i guess i will drive it this way for the rest of this season, then once i have it inside for the winter, i will adjust it back to stock settings. im also planning on rebuilding the carbs in this ski and my raider, just so i know its 100% done. im actually a little skeptical about opening these carbs, they seem very complicated compared to the banshee carbs im used to working on, i might just have island racing rebuild them. the diaphram thing is what im worried about.

+1
    Carbs are basic....real basic and they are actually easier then the 350's twin carbs. The most bitech about doing them is scraping off the pump cover gasket when you replace it. Take your time...do only 1 at a time and you will have ZERO problems!

M

+1
    well i found the stock settings, 1 1/8 of a turn out on the low speeds, that sounds pretty impossible to do without removing the carbs!

+1
    get a dime in there and turn them....not that hard man...put some effort into it!

M

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpeavler View Post
    get a dime in there and turn them....not that hard man...put some effort into it!

M

o man for some reason i was thinking they were philips heads. i have no clue why lol. ok cool so i just need to go pick up a digi tach tomorrow.

thanks for all the help with these skiis btw, i really appreciate it!

Thread Information