+1

How many people are running x-charger with stock intercooler?

I was curious in the early ski's , how many people are running x-chargers with the stock intercooler? Any problems? I just don't want to blow my ski up. I have the Riva Ecu, 50 lb injectors and I am a little worried about inlet temps. Im not sure how effecient the stock cooler is. Thanks in advance...

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by vspec1 View Post
    I was curious in the early ski's , how many people are running x-chargers with the stock intercooler? Any problems? I just don't want to blow my ski up. I have the Riva Ecu, 50 lb injectors and I am a little worried about inlet temps. Im not sure how effecient the stock cooler is. Thanks in advance...

will have no issues and that ecu is boost sens to like 13psi so ull be fine. ran a X charger with 42's and stock IC.

+1
    the real issue is, if you want to get all the performace that the X charger has to offer why limit it with an inefficient intercooler, thats like buying a ferrari but then saying i want to put wooden wagon wheels on it, not gonna be able to enjoy all the ferrari has to offer with wagon wheels.
    if your interested in a high performance X charger, you should also be interested in a high performance intercooler. and any other additional mods necessary to make the setup perform to its max potential.

Quote Originally Posted by lextoy View Post
    the real issue is, if you want to get all the performace that the X charger has to offer why limit it with an inefficient intercooler, thats like buying a ferrari but then saying i want to put wooden wagon wheels on it, not gonna be able to enjoy all the ferrari has to offer with wagon wheels.
    if your interested in a high performance X charger, you should also be interested in a high performance intercooler. and any other additional mods necessary to make the setup perform to its max potential.
    i agree with you.i am going with the same set up. x-charger ,50lbs injectors , riva ecu ,but i still dont know what intercooler to run .what do you recomend. this is on a rxp-x

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fh23rxp-x View Post
    i agree with you.i am going with the same set up. x-charger ,50lbs injectors , riva ecu ,but i still dont know what intercooler to run .what do you recomend. this is on a rxp-x
    The stock X model intercooler is hard to beat. Motec Pete did some dyno testing and found the stock X intercooler to be the best. Keep what you have and just go with the X model intercooler upgrade kit.

Check it out
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=935

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    The stock X model intercooler is hard to beat. Motec Pete did some dyno testing and found the stock X intercooler to be the best. Keep what you have and just go with the X model intercooler upgrade kit.

Check it out
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=935
    i was thinking of using the stock intercooler since their good. and plus i already have the intercooler upgrade kit .thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fh23rxp-x View Post
    i was thinking of using the stock intercooler since their good. and plus i already have the intercooler upgrade kit .thanks
    Then you have the perfect intercooler setup on your X model

Thread Information