Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Covering the gauges on 96xp or plugging the gauge holes?

Since none of mine acutally work and Since I dont feel like buying another single gauge hood and painting it.. are there any covers that fit over the gauges or would plug the holes if I pulled them out? LMK your thoughts.

I have one gauge, I think its VTS, that is all crusty inside and Im tired of looking at it.

Look around garage, find something that fits, or go to hardware store with a gauge and find something roughly that size and silicon on.

thats going to look hacked.

I was thinking maybe there is some sort of a plumbing fitting/plug that is threaded and fits a big nut on the other side... People use them to plug holes in fish tanks too when they are pre-cut for wet/dry filtration or sump system.

I dunno.. Not really a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by twelvesorbetter View Post
    thats going to look hacked.

What made me think of it was the protective covers for boat gauges. They just slip on and off so they wont hold up on a pwc..

maybe there is some sort of a plumbing fitting/plug that is threaded and fits a big nut on the other side...
    Dude, your talking about covering gauge holes because they don't work lol. It's already "hacked". For the time and effort spent just get new gauges.

Guage hole

You might try a hardware store for a snap in cap, if it's close you can hot glue it in from the back to hold it in the hole tight

David N

Quote Originally Posted by DooMeister View Post
    Dude, your talking about covering gauge holes because they don't work lol. It's already "hacked". For the time and effort spent just get new gauges.

nah.. the gauges are useless and the plumbing caps im thinking of only cost a few bucks.

This was a dumb post I guess... just kinda thinking out loud. wondering if anyone was thinking the same thing.

nah.. the gauges are useless and the plumbing caps im thinking of only cost a few bucks.

This was a dumb post I guess... just kinda thinking out loud. wondering if anyone was thinking the same thing.

I agree with the useless on the speedo. I removed it, just so happened to find a piece of metal really close in size in the garage. My hood is black so I painted it black and siliconed it on. I drilled a small hole in it and velcro'd my tiny tac on it. I still use the vts gauge although its border line useless. And of course the multifunction gauge.

My vts module burned out. I hook up the motor directly to the battery when I want to adjust it. Right now, its fixed at 3/4 up. LOL. the gauge is completely useless for me.

My vts module burned out. I hook up the motor directly to the battery when I want to adjust it. Right now, its fixed at 3/4 up. LOL. the gauge is completely useless for me.
    Gotcha. You could find a clock that fits possibly? I have always wanted a clock on mine. Haven't found the right place to put one yet.

+1
    I once took apart a VTS motor that wasn't working and sprayed some lubricant in it. I think hooked it directly to a battery and got it working again. Worth a try.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information