Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

stock RXP-X vs. the rest

Hi guys,

I have a stock rxp-x 09 (rs) and raced a couple of ski's last week in slight rough water condition (1.5-2 feet chop) and wanted to share the experience:

1. me vs. stock 08 yami sho - raced from 20mph till top speed, pulled 1 and a half ski
    2. me vs. stock 09 yami fzr - raced from 20mph till top speed, dead even, whoever hits the gas before wins
    3. me vs. stock kawasaki ultra 260x - raced 20mph till top speed, he pulled me half a ski

my ski was bouncing a lot and RPM's is swinging back and forth between 7500 to 8000 RPM.

i offered to race them out of the hole but no one is willing to. I will be ordering kanaflex intake, repitched 15/22r, thermo, modding the ride plate, and maybe 83mm... will i be able to pass the 260x on the same water condition? any tips will be appreciated

thnx and waiting for your reply

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Aryan View Post
    i offered to race them out of the hole but no one is willing to.
    LOL, what a bunch of pussies...

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    LOL, what a bunch of pussies...

Banned User
    Your RXP-X would hand all those ski's their asses in flat water.. It's gonna be hard to beat a kawi in chop

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    ... It's gonna be hard to beat a kawi in chop
    Alex, my toughest confrontation ever was a Kawi in heavy chop.

I stood, squatted, shifted weight fore and aft, lifted off the throttle when needed, hammered it when appropriate, looked to the left and he was still there... sitting on the seat...

I ended up getting him... but it was a Vicodin night for sure!

+1
    I have no issues with RXP's or RXP-X's in normal lake conditions (1-2ft). They just can't stay in the water. Most know it so they won't race. When I was stock I raced an RXP-X and he pulled me 2-3 ski's out of the hole to about 40-45 then I blew by him in the chop. Losing the holeshot wasn't surprising to me as my ski is much heavier and I weighed about 70lbs more than him. That weight was a disadvantage for me on holeshot but an advantage in the chop. The RXT-X's I've raced have put up a pretty good fight in the rough. I don't have any flat water results because I never see flat water. If I do, it's because I'm the only one there and that means nobody to race.

The Ultra's leak boost stock, and the stock exit nozzle has a 5* angle in it (like running a 5*wedge upside down) which slow these ski's down on flat water but give it great hookup. Blocking the weak springed BOV is $10 and gives back 1-1.5 lbs of boost. They pick up as much as 3-4 mph with a rideplate and wedge but also lose A LOT of the hookup in rough water to gain that speed on the flat. It's a fine line with this ski. I've removed my wedge. I'd love to get a flat water burner, just gotta find a spot to make it useful. I rode Water Woody's 1500 triple piped GPR and that was AWESOME

05 Limited- I see your from Stockton. Where do you usually ride? I'm usually at Folsom Lake or Sac river near Discovery Park. Maybe we could go for a ride some time?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronC View Post
    ...I rode Water Woody's 1500 triple piped GPR and that was AWESOME ...
    I, too, have witnessed Kevins triple... NICE!

We usually ride the entire Delta... not in one day.

We are planning our annual trek to Old Sac and Embassy Suites sometime in September... usually about eight of us go. I'll keep you posted.

Jeff & Annette

Thanks for the replies

Yes i agree that rxp-x doesnt peform well in the chop, but the fact i didnt buy any other ski is because i really like driving a nimble ski which is light and 2-seater. I dont have lakes in my country and most driving i do is ocean and choppy water. I drove the 260x and it was too big and plain for my taste, however was very comfy in the chop, and green/black looks amazing.

My only other option was the FZR which is great and had a lot of options... but would cost my a fortune to make it faster, plus is slightly bigger/heavier than then the P-X. The ECU upgrade i heard was around 3k. If riva came up with an ecu then i guess it would be nice to own one.

Any other tips for going against other ski's in slight chops?

+1
    Get a riva grate and a pump extension. Your ski will run like an RXT-X but faster!

My experience with the chop and bounce on my RXP has been somewhat alleviated with the pump extension kit. It is difficult for me to give actual performance gains as I did this mod over the winter, but with this mod, I can feel my ski handling the rough much better.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information