Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Intercooler Options for FZ's - Whats Out There?

I wanted to see if people had input on the different types of intercoolers that could be used for FZ's that will be going with high boost wheels and aftermarket intercoolers. I don't know much about aftermarket intercoolers so any info will be good. Riva's coming out with theirs soon but what are the benefits compared to the R&D R4 or R5 intercoolers besides price.....which is substantial. I also heard people talk about Type 19 and Type 20 intercoolers. Are these sufficient for the setup that I am trying to accomplish? Also what is the price on these? Are there any other options out there?

i know several friends and myself that use the Frozen Boost (type 19 type 20) and they love em and are used on very highly modified ski's and never had a problem they have been around for a long time and its a proven IC. and for $169 bucks ya cant beat it and this is one of those situations where most expensive may not be the best. a friend of mine had the R5 from R&D on his FZS with MOTEC and the works and he has replace it with the Frozen Boost and he has the info logged where the Frozen Boost gave better results. u can go to their website and see all the spec's on their IC which from what i can see the other guys dont in the detail that they do, maybe u can go one step further and see if they other guys can provide you with the spec's like frozen boost and compare, and if u do please post . get the Type 19 it's the larger core frozenboost.com

P.S. ercBOOSTED i am not a sales rep or do i get any commission from this plug LOL just a happy customer

+1
    This'll fit behind the electrical firewall on a SHO. But only for those who have nothing else to do with their time.
    http://www.frozenboost.com/product_i...b3e5037f0dca62
    Bigger the better!!

+1
    I/Jet Draft will be offering a full IC system for the FZ's. it will be months before its ready to sell but is in the testing period right now. remote style with built in bov and heat sheild....

I am using a pwr 4x8 intercooler. looks surprisingly close to the r&d kit hmmmmm.....

+1
    I also love my type 19 from frozenboost.com. I think when coupled with the R&D engine and intercooler cooling kit, it will be more that enough for high boost applications.

A link to my type 19 install is in my signature.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    I also love my type 19 from frozenboost.com. I think when coupled with the R&D engine and intercooler cooling kit, it will be more that enough for high boost applications.

A link to my type 19 install is in my signature.
    I just checked the Rius site & couldn't find their $1700 type 19....I wonder why.

Well, as of today I can tell you that the type 20 is probably not going to work for the Riva E1 Wheel. Only seeing 13.2 psi today and the temps seemed more of an impact and not cooling as well as previusly on the C3 (I did not having logging of temps today). The fuel pressure @ 65psi+/- a few depending on your temps, etc... seems to be doing okay for AFR.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    Well, as of today I can tell you that the type 20 is probably not going to work for the Riva E1 Wheel. Only seeing 13.2 psi today and the temps seemed more of an impact and not cooling as well as previusly on the C3 (I did not having logging of temps today). The fuel pressure @ 65psi+/- a few depending on your temps, etc... seems to be doing okay for AFR.
    I kinda figured that but thanks for the info, this is how we make progress. Type 13 should suit you guys alot better in the hot hot heat of the summer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information