+1

Boost - stuck at 7 lbs no matter what ...

I have a 2005 RXP, put a boost gauge on it while still relatively stock. Initially measured 7 lbs of boost with a RR intercooler and stock supercharger. Swapped to a Riva intercooler this year, still shows 7 lbs of boost. Swapped to my Les Cook A kit supercharger, still showed 7 lbs of boost. Deformed a crappy Riva IC tube, had a boost leak. Had 2.5" muffler pipe bent up, flared ends to 2.75", boost is solid and stable again, but still only 7 lbs on gauge at 8100 rpms, stock ECU.

Ski is a Riva stage 2 and runs 75 - 76 mph GPS, runs strong, but I gained nothing from the A kit supercharger ... no additional rpms, no additional boost on the gauge. I also replaced my intercooler blockoff with the Riva one and tightened it up.

Just a little curious ... thought I would see more like 9+ lbs of boost with the A kit (looks very much like the RR impeller) and the Riva intercooler. The A kit is brand new, metal washers, no slipping, just curious why I am not seeing more boost and a gain in top end rpms ... everything works great, no alarms, no problems, very steady rpms and boost, just was thinking there should be more ... ideas?

+1
    What kind of gauge?

+1
    It is a VDO mechanical gauge, boost only, 0 - 15 lbs. Very simple, very easy to read. I would suspect the gauge too, except the A kit supercharger did not seem to add any additional rpms on top either; rpms and speed are the same as with the stock supercharger. Now wondering if I still have another boost leak somewhere, but more a crack rather than a fitting that leaks intermittently. Still, the boost and rpms are now rock steady and performance is good, just anticipated more boost and at least 100 rpm increase from the better supercharger impeller ... just puzzled ...

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    what kind of air intake?

+1
    Still the standard Riva air intake, no other air mods. But I ran with the seat completely off and boost was still the same 7 lbs too ... I usually gain 1 mph, but boost is the same ...

+1
    Probably bad guage or pinched hose to guage.
    a kit 10lbs @8600 [email protected] [email protected]?

+1
    It might be that. I ordered a boost leak tester from www.siliconeintakes.com and will also double check that the intake nipple is fully drilled and open and that the gauge hose is fine. Maybe the intake nipple is not cleanly drilled out, will double check.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern
    It might be that. I ordered a boost leak tester from www.siliconeintakes.com and will also double check that the intake nipple is fully drilled and open and that the gauge hose is fine. Maybe the intake nipple is not cleanly drilled out, will double check.
    please post when you get that leak tester going. I'd like to get one.

+1
    Will do, they are only $30, was quicker and easier to buy one than for me to try to fab one up. Should be able to test this weekend.

Thread Information