Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1

Exclamation Polaris National Event and Photos

Let's all post the photos and news about the event here. Then everyone can catch the latest.

Here's a look at the Mississippi river crossing it,looked like glass.
    Second is HP catching some sun as Randy chats with the gang.
    Thrid is Beerdart check the grass out.

Alot more was taken,and here's the place to post them,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	miss.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	144940   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	randy.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	144941   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beerdart.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	144942  

+1
    Nice

heh you can just barely see my parents house on the right in the first pic.

small world.

+1
    Dateline Aug, 8th,start of day 3 of the First Polaris Nationals,Starve Rock,Ill.

Reporting Live It's 5:37 Am,I'm crawling in bed again as the sun start raising,Hoping for a few hours of sleep.Although not one ski has hit the water yet,due to the massive rain storm we had today,No one is complaining.

Day started out cloudy,as sprinkles started,the crew headed to get a bite of food and wait for the storm to past. Well the weather turned into a monsoon.After eating and talking for near 2 hours at Captian Cove,Randy suggusted finding a storage building to do some work on skis.

So I walked thru the soggy parling lot to the Starved Rock Marina's sales office. The great guy there called the owner which showed up a few minutes later to greet me.upon telling him our storylhe got on the phone and came back out of the office saying "my guys will unlock that big building over there,feel free to use it.......

With that,the crew headed over to the 300' x 100' empty building.....Jordee broke out his box of parts from his new 785 Pro,and was swarmed by guys giving a hand,Randy gave me insite on my PSI skis's problem,Along as some other skis.......Long story short,by late evening we had 13 skis there and 25 + people,with another 7 skis back at the hotel.

As dark fell and everyone returned to the super 8,Work continued on the 785 pro as I added new reeds to the PSI. At about 4:00 o'clock this morning,the 785 woke up to fire to be alive with the 7 other Pro's in the parking lot. Everyone kicked in to take a box of parts and to get a young Newbee's ski running for tomorrow.

I know not much has been posted,but alot of pictures and videos have been taken,just everyones busy enjoy each other and getting skis set for the sunny days coming.
    Today should be another great day at the nationals.

The way you write it and with all that info its like being there with you guys. Sounds exciting. Have a great ride..rides.......................

+1
    Dateline Aug, 9th,before day4 of the First Polaris Nationals,Starve Rock,Ill.

Reporting Live It's 4:05Am,Wasn't planning on being up this late.......But after a hour of conversation talking to one of Peru's finests out in the parking lot.......More to come later...pending outcome.

Odd facts.....Somehow there's been a magic cooler in the back of my truck.It nevers seems to run out of beer and ice.This place is special.

Some funny new things have appeared on skis lately........
    Pauls new ski got a new decal.....(look close at picture2)

Jordee's ski got a few upgrades......(He brought the 785 with the motor in a box,and was assembled yesterday....P.S.He burned over 3 tanks of fuel thru it today,and still running strong) I need

Name:	chick.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	145150   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	145151   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tp3.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	145152   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tp4.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	145153   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tp5.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	145154   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eye.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	145155  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eye2.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	145156  

+1
    Saturday was another great day!Everyone headed out to starved rock with excitement as the sun broke thru the clouds.All 27 Polaris skis,only to be joined by another 6 skis there later. Most hit the water,to enjoy a day of 93* sun and a heat index of 105*,
    The chicago gang showed up,and alot cnew friend were make/met for the first time(Thanks for coming)

Randy worked the shore all day long with a dozen or so of guys dialing in skis.Only 2 was a PIA,Xlint's and mine,Kevins has had a strange problem stumping everyone. Kevin changed a stator,Cdi,and other things.I did some tuning run and spent most of the changing jets and testing.Have more testing today to be done. The pink ski of Heater's was a big hit clicking off high 50's all day.

The only major break down was Xlint's major smoking of the mid piston.(Which her laughed about)

And then another great nite in the back lot of the Super 8.
    More to come as I'm losing my train of thought...............Must be tired...or too buzzed

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Keddano View Post
    The chicago gang showed up,and alot cnew friend were make/met for the first time(Thanks for coming)
    Dan-O..It finally was nice to get to meet up with you brother..Finally get to put a name with a face..Getting to meet Casey,Mitch,Beerfart,The 447 couple(for the brief minute on the water)Yourself and a few others was great..There were a few I wanted to meet but missed..Hopefully next time..Glad we got to meet up with you all...I just wish my damn RXP was a bit faster to keep up with you guys.. ....I do give kudos to the guy with the red triple that ran against me..He was quick with pretty good top end....Great job!!!!!

We wanted to come back to the hotel later but after being up for almost 28 straight hours,running the skis all afternoon in the heat,having a couple beers and eating dinner..I was wiped out..I got home put the skis in the garage,showered up and was out like a light....Next time my friend...

You guys and girls have a safe one on the river today and a safe trip back home!!!!

Piece!!!!

I have a few pics. I was the guy with the video camera mounted to the front of my ski (94 SL750).

Well, thanks to my 2 year old messing with the camera, all my videos I took were blown away. But I have a few pics that were taken after that with the cam.

http://picasaweb.google.com/OldSkool...eat=directlink

(posted in the other thread... didn't see this at first)

Also, nice meeting a few of you guys. I had the wife and two kids with me so I didn't make it around to everyone to say Hi. Still had a good time out there.

+1
    More Pics

Name:	Polaris weekend  09 036.JPG 
Views:	144 
Size:	897.1 KB 
ID:	145176   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Polaris weekend  09 034.JPG 
Views:	161 
Size:	885.4 KB 
ID:	145177   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Polaris weekend  09 009.JPG 
Views:	144 
Size:	780.9 KB 
ID:	145178   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Polaris weekend  09 047.JPG 
Views:	175 
Size:	933.4 KB 
ID:	145179   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Polaris weekend  09 037.JPG 
Views:	153 
Size:	819.3 KB 
ID:	145180  

Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information