Front motor mount pushed through the fiberglass

96 xp
    anyone have a fix for a front motor mount that ripped out of the fiberglass and now pushed down into the foam 1/2 inch or so??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hermie View Post
    96 xp
    anyone have a fix for a front motor mount that ripped out of the fiberglass and now pushed down into the foam 1/2 inch or so??

Thanks
    How the hell did you manage that lol? I have been 8+ feet out of the water off of barge waves before and haven't even broken a mount?

Sorry I can't answer your question, I would think you would have to reglass the mount though.

have only owned it a month and a half but we have been going out in 4-6 footers and launching it pretty good

the drive shaft and pto stripped so I replaced it thinking it wasn't greased also replaced the wear ring and rebuilt the pump, took it out to test it in calm water and it ran great then I turned on direction and gassed it and I heard the drive shaft slip again. I took it out of the water and I can lift the front of the motor up and down and the mount is sunk down in the foam of the haul. The motor is tilted down in the front. I want to try to fix it and make it stronger but to do it I have to pull the motor. Then I will have trouble lininig the mount up. I am going to try to pull the pipe and see if I can maybe do it with the motor in there.

any help or ideas will be appreciated

Thread Information