Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Jet Draft's new sponsons!!!!

I am happy to announce the release of our/Jet Draft sponsons for the yam FZ and SHO. I have worked really hard on these sponsons to offer the best handling with keeping saftey in mind. They are available thru the on line store for purchase and ready to ship world wide!!! I have been getting great feedback from everyone who is running them as we speak.
    thanks
    Dan/JD1

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1218
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM0644.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	486.0 KB 
ID:	144956  

+1
    those really are nice looking sponsons. How do they look on the actual ski?

do they span all of the holes or just the back 3 like riva? if not are plugs included? what was your idea for non adjustable? what is the protective finish?

+1
    Ill post up some pic's of them on both the FZ and the SHO.

95% of the people with the adjustable sponsons keep them in the same position anyway. We strenghten the design using billet and then anadozied them for protection against the elements.
    There is zero flex in these sponsons especially at 80+mph speeds where the chance of flex turns into breaking and someone gets hurt.

I designed these sponsons around the FZ/SHO platform and no other ski.

Knowing the FZ to be the high speed machine for years to come, there is no doubt that next year people will be riding these's FZ's at 90+mph sitting on the seat and I really dont think a plastic sponson is going to do the job.

I have honestly tested these sponson's over 90mph and they work great.

Dan/JD1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dogger View Post
    do they span all of the holes or just the back 3 like riva? if not are plugs included? what was your idea for non adjustable? what is the protective finish?
    the sponsons span the 3 back holes but have better low speed angle to prevent hull rollover when crusing. These are not gpr sponsons and will not work on the gpr.

the kit offer's plastic plugs for the front 2 threaded holes

Taking money away from the Z06 Fund
    +1
    Out of Curiosity, did you test out any longer length sponsons to cover 4 or all 5 holes? Besides adjustability, how much different are these from the Riva ones? I currently have the Riva sponsons and don't like them. I still think they need to be longer, especially for 2 up riding.

sounds like a good deal. I am one of those, the only time I lowered my blades down on my riva sponsons was for cornering around buoys. only in clear finish? or black?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by poof100 View Post
    Out of Curiosity, did you test out any longer length sponsons to cover 4 or all 5 holes? Besides adjustability, how much different are these from the Riva ones? I currently have the Riva sponsons and don't like them. I still think they need to be longer, especially for 2 up riding.
    longer blades cause the ski to hunt real bad in chop. If you look close at the stock sponsons they also have no blade towards the front. The Jet Draft sponsons are deeper towards the front to control the ski when 2 people are riding or if you have a rideplate with lots of lift. I could have made a 5 bolt sponson but it would be dangerous and unpredictable. I understand your ? and agree with you but deeper is better than longer in this situation.

Colors

Any chance for custom colors on the sponsons? Red, black and blue would be nice options secondary to the FZR/FZS colors available. I would be interested even if their was a price premium over the silver.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jefros View Post
    Any chance for custom colors on the sponsons? Red, black and blue would be nice options secondary to the FZR/FZS colors available. I would be interested even if their was a price premium over the silver.
    Welcome to the forum jefros, we could do a pre order in certain colors if we had enough people, thats not a problem! I thought long and hard of doing black instead of silver. If we can get enough people to decide on a certain color I will get it done.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information