+1

raider overheating?

today i finally put the raider in the water, and the overheat light started flashing, so i towed it back and put it on the trailer. it runs fine on the hose, but there is no water coming out of the side spout. is there a filter or something for the cooling system?

also, today i took the venture out for a little while, and when i did my 10 min flush, the water stream out of the side spout was very weak, but there was water pouring out of the back. kind of the same problem on both skis. how do i go about fixing this?

+1
    You need to find out where the plug is....it could be near the pisser...right at the thru-hull fitting...or at the rear where the "Y" is near the flush. Check the front pisser line first...

M

+1
    my venture has a y, but the raiders flush just goes to the head. if im looking into the jet, the left house blows out water, and the right one is the line that pulls in?

+1
    The line goes in the engine at your exhaust manifold....under the stinger and the large exhuast manifold near the back. I would check the pisser line first....if nothing there..then I would pull the line going to the engine and try to see if something is coming from there.

+1
    bro your the man, both pissers were clogged, the ventrue just a little, the raider was clogged up BIG time. could this have been causing the raider to overheat on the water?

+1
    Yup....water in with no water out leaves water at a standstill and will heat up to the point it's too hot.

M

+1
    cool, so that is cleared up, i just noticed the waterline, if your looking at the jet pump that is on the right (not the gayspray) came disconnected, and the band clamp is missing. i had a feeling that clamp wasnt going to hold. can i put that hose back one with a big zip tie, or should i run to home depot and get a clamp? btw, thats the water in line? it seems like the raider will be ready for action tomorrow.

if im ever in indiana, i owe you a night of drinking bro.

+1
    Yeah your main line coming in is on the right side of the ski if your looking at the pump while the left side has the bilge line. You MUST use a hose clamp and good line on there. It will come apart and leave you without an ounce of cooling water cooling the engine and won't take long to .....well you know.

M

Thread Information