Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Snapped Supercharger Shaft

I did the unthinkable even after all the warnings. It seemed like my torque wrench was going to click at any second when snap the shaft went. Didnt take much and instant anger shot through my veins. Now the big question: Where can I score a replacement super charger shaft/nut to ease my pain?

Weekend already a wash and it hasnt even really started yet Hopefully Jerry or someone else can come to the rescue to get me back on the water. Cash ready for being an idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by Awamori View Post
    I did the unthinkable even after all the warnings. It seemed like my torque wrench was going to click at any second when snap the shaft went. Didnt take much and instant anger shot through my veins. Now the big question: Where can I score a replacement super charger shaft/nut to ease my pain.

Weekend already a wash and it hasnt even really started yet Hopefully Jerry or someone else can come to the rescue to get me back on the water. Cash ready for being an idiot!

Bill @ R&D!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    Bill @ R&D!
    Thanks SHOBiz....any ideas if this is something I can do on my own? If I step my game up that is I went to the r&d website and it's looking like they offer a service but that would take twice as long shipping my stuff from Okinawa. I was just hoping they could priority mail me a new shaft then throw this badboy back together. R&D closed till Monday. May not know anything else till then. If anyone has paid for any of this type mess please fill me in with what Im looking at. Thanks

Thanks SHOBiz....any ideas if this is something I can do on my own? If I step my game up that is I went to the r&d website and it's looking like they offer a service but that would take twice as long shipping my stuff from Okinawa. I was just hoping they could priority mail me a new shaft then throw this badboy back together. R&D closed till Monday. May not know anything else till then. If anyone has paid for any of this type mess please fill me in with what Im looking at. Thanks

Considering the shaft has to be hardened for several days once fabricated I doubt you will see any riding anytime real soon. Other choice, rob one from a friends SHO/FZ...

+1
    Geez they must break easy.

+1
    Is any one going to make a after market shaft so its much stronger then the standard shaft ........ that would be awesome

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BPnta View Post
    Geez they must break easy.
    It really didnt take much. My torque wrench was an in/lbs wrench, and I had it on what I thought was a lower settting. Problem is my wrench said 120-960 so it was my bad trying to work the wrench at a setting lower than what was stated on the box. Now I'm more than likely going to pay double what a good torque wrench would have cost, and the ride time I'm missing which is priceless! Another case of live and learn. Hopefully this post alone will save someone else this nonsense.......don't even think about it unless your 100% your wrench is the right tool.

It really didnt take much. My torque wrench was an in/lbs wrench, and I had it on what I thought was a lower settting. Problem is my wrench said 120-960 so it was my bad trying to work the wrench at a setting lower than what was stated on the box. Now I'm more than likely going to pay double what a good torque wrench would have cost, and the ride time I'm missing which is priceless! Another case of live and learn. Hopefully this post alone will save someone else this nonsense.......don't even think about it unless your 100% your wrench is the right tool.
    +1, and even then you hold your breath. I know I do...

+1

Torque wrench recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    +1, and even then you hold your breath. I know I do...
    I don't own any torque wrenches. Can someone recommend the ranges of (hopefully) two that will do 99% of the torquing I need to do???

One in inch pounds and one in foot pounds or is there on that will accurately do both?

Thanks.

I have a Craftsman Microtork part 44593 that I use for just about everything.

No need for multiple torque wrenches unless the specified torque is out of range of the one you have.

If I need ft lbs I just divide by 12

24 inch lbs = 2 foot lbs
    If they give me 36 foot lbs I multiply by 12 to get inch lbs for my setting.
    Last edited by SHOBiz; 08-10-2009 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Corrected foot Pounds

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information