Genesis carb to FI engine swap questions

Hey all I have a tech question Im guessing.I currently own a 2000 fuel injected 1200 that has a bad motor,whole in the case and other damage.I have the opportunity to buy a 99 carbed 1200 Genesis with a destroyed hull and very low hour engine that has no problems.The 99 got backed into by a car and is trash, but good for parts.My 2000 hull is perfect and so is everything else save for mentioned motor problem.My question finally is would the carbed 1200 work in the fuel injected ski with of course swapping the heads and FI hardware.Or would it be easier to use the carbed engine as is and swap into my FI hull.

Man no gurus around here,lol..hard to believe.Just wanna know if blocks are the same.

I'm not sure if the FI motor has different oil holes to lube the bearings, the way the MSX motor does? I haven't been into the FI Poo skis. BTW, a bunch of the Polaris gurus were at a gathering all weekend. You should get more traffic tonight.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Yep, lots of folks were gathering round the Polari over the last few days

You can follow the link below to find the Polaris Industries parts cross reference web site.

As far as I can recall, the 1165cc engines below the heads is the same between carb'ed and fuel injected. The intake manifolds may be different, but I presume you are swapping over the injected intake and exhaust manifolds.

Do check that the 1999 Genesis engine cylinders are the same part number as your 2000.

1999 was the very first year for the 1165cc engine size, so there may have been some changes for 2000. I couldn't say whether any of those changes would be a problem for your project.

You will need to swap over the entire stator and magneto housing, of course. Pay attention to the sealing of the stator cover to the engine block.

Wile you have the Ficht stator housing off, make sure the stator cooling cover is flowing water freely, no clogging or restrictions.

Also make sure the small cooling lines do not become kinked or restricted.

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    The cases would be the same,The FI's added the cooling cover to the stator cover.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.Now I know.Just need to pull some money outta my u know what,lol.Sell the 2 single place trailers i got and see what i can get.Thanks all.

Thread Information