Input and Ideas?

I'm gearing up to do a Rossi Replica on my XL1200Ltd. I've already got a full replica bike decal kit, and various other Yamaha decals to use, but I don't want to include the Fiat decals (they're not very much liked in UK!). McLarenGP1200 has kindly offered to help with design, and Gaz1 lives near to me and will help with paintwork. I can't get a good colour scheme in my head and wondered what you guys think. I've tried drawing full blue hull with white and blue topsides, all white hull and top with blue hood, stripes in blue or white and I'm still not happy. Any thoughts would be gratefully received, and pictures of your ideas would be great! Thank's guys.
    (ps sorry about the Bike image being too small, I can't get it bigger, but it's on the Yamaha Racing page). Thank's.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	118_1827.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	732.0 KB 
ID:	145020  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

+1
    No way! I have been sketching out a Rossi paint job for one of my Blasters! It would fit almost perfect on it.

I can't really offer any advice, as I don't think the shape lends itself to transferring over that paint job. The ski is too long and not tall enough to transfer the proportions over exactly.

Maybe start at the front, and use the same percentages of color/stripe/color from the bike over to the ski?
    Not sure if you get what I mean.

For the FIAT part, do what you want and to hell with others. Or chicken out and instead put YAMAHA in place of it. Or your first name?

Good luck with whatever you do, and please keep us all updated with pics and progress reports. I won't be doing mine until winter. A buddy who owns some body shops will be doing the work for me......that is when I tell him he is.

Name:	RossiHelmet.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	145046  

Quote: "A buddy who owns some body shops will be doing the work for me......that is when I tell him he is. " Ha Ha, I love it!

I loved that helmet paint job! Thank's for the advice re stripes. Yes, I get your drift. I hope yours works well, and I'll document mine, and hope you do the same. I've got 2 decals with Rossi's autograph in gold made by a local print shop which look cool! I intend to put Yamaha in place of Fiat (but I will allow a small Fiat decal to sneak in somewhere!).

+1
    That helmet is tits isn't it!

Glad you could understand my babble about the stripe. Sometimes it is just not very easy to put down in words what the brain is thinking/seeing.

That Rossi sig must be nice. If you could, maybe post a pic of it.
    Any idea on where you would put it?

I would put the FIAT where it goes...be true to the scheme and yourself. I bet the real people who appreciate the paint will give you props for staying true to it.

I will try and keep pics and details of mine along the way. The thing is it will be about an hour away at his closest body shop.

The hardest thing to decide for me, is which Blaster I want to paint like this? They are all about mint in the paint department.
    3 Blasters as of now, 1 stock, 2 modified. So stock will not be it. Can't have the looks and no "go". Not into being a poser.

So that leaves the other 2 (as of now).

I need a 4th one with so-so paint. This way I won't feel bad about redoing it. (As long as it has the "go"...or else I need to start on that too!)

Good luck....will be looking here for any updates.

+1
    Hmmmm....maybe a Ben Spies replica along with the Rossi?

Dave, I am digging up more Rossi bike pics for you.

Name:	Yamaha%20WSB%20R1%202009.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	145062  

PM sent.

Thread Information