I need help picking a jet ski

hey guys, im really new to this all, so please bare with me

my family and i want to get a yamaha fzr and fzs ( this will be our first ski ) even though this jet ski is not a family jet ski my dad and i loves the way it looks and things the performance is also great. but there was a big issue when i ask my friend (whose dad is a professional jet ski racer) said that the fzr and fzs will just buck u off the jet ski? buck as in force u of the jet skit but i dont really get that????? and my dad is in his 50's still in good shape but i just dont want this to happen to him if this ever happen... so i've been looking through a lot of other jet skis but i dont know any that will suit my family need we like style and look and will still want the fzr and fzs!

will fzr and fzs buck u off easily?
    wat makes the jet ski bucks u off?
    is yamaha a good dependable jet ski?

if someone can help me more with a jet ski please contact me at
    [email protected]

please no spam

+1
    I have 12 hours on my new fzr and it has never bucked...my gpr did buck when choppng the throttle at 69 mph (gps) an r&d intake grate solved this..............the fzr will run neck and neck with the sea doo X family of ski's..I have ridden all the ski's and the fzr is the best handeling ski to me. If you live close to DFW you can take a blast on mine and see for your self. Yamaha hit a home run with this ski. I tried to get this ski to buck, I chopped the throttle from top speed with empty tank,full tank,and 1/2 full and it will not buck with me on it (250 lbs).............jmho hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by txgp1300r View Post
    I have 12 hours on my new fzr and it has never bucked...my gpr did buck when choppng the throttle at 69 mph (gps) an r&d intake grate solved this..............the fzr will run neck and neck with the sea doo X family of ski's..I have ridden all the ski's and the fzr is the best handeling ski to me. If you live close to DFW you can take a blast on mine and see for your self. Yamaha hit a home run with this ski. I tried to get this ski to buck, I chopped the throttle from top speed with empty tank,full tank,and 1/2 full and it will not buck with me on it (250 lbs).............jmho hope this helps.

but how does the jet ski buck i still dont understand when and how it does that?

thanks.... so yamaha is the best for family ski... and fzr is the best

+1
    All the ski's nowdays are good , its just whatever suits your taste....the buck is caused from too much water balling up under your ski and kinda lifting the tail...this is the way I would describe it....when you chop the throttle the pump is not pulling in the water as fast and the ski going much faster than the prop cant digest all that water ramming down the intake tract...the water balls up and lifts the ski..the keel in front digs in and turns the ski left or right, and you keep going straight, striking the water and getting stripped naked...at least thats the way it felt to me.....get an aftermarket grate such as the r&d .

32 Valves To Love! Racecar_Dave's Avatar
    +1
    Get the FX SHO or a Honda F-12X, they're like a limo, smooth quick acceleration, comfortable, quiet, large storage buckets

Thread Information