Unhappy ran great, died very next day

hello i have a 93polaris sl650 and its been running great, ive taken it out about twice a week for a month now. i was on the lake the other day, took it out for about an hour, then went and bbq'd some lunch. took it back out about two hours later, and there was a whinney sound coming from what sounded like the fuel compartment. it kinda made my jet ski sound like an older car. shortly after this it started losing power, and slowly came to a dissapointing halt in the middle of the lake, and wouldnt start back up.
    i checked it out and theres a little clear hose, like a fuel line, and it was gunked up on one end and fine on the other, and completely disconnected. i have no idea what to do and where it goes! please help!

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk!!!

Can you post a pic or provide a little more info on this "little clear hose"? What is it's location?

clear hose? goes to the battery maybe.

whinning sound? seems like the water pump/jet. bearings?

pull out the jet pump. see if you can turn the motor over by hand at the coupler with the jet pump out of the boat and the spark plugs removed. if you can the motor is probably fine. see if you can turn the impellar/prop by hand when you have the jet pump out of the boat.

that winning sound was probably the jet pump bearings seizing up.

alright so i got the motor to turn over just by the start button but it sounds bad.
    the tube im talking about is see through, a little bit smaller than the diameter of a drinking straw, and i found it completely disconnected but still clamped together to the side of the ski with all the other fuel lines. its the only clear one out of everything. in the gas compartment

is the hose that goes to the battery connected huh? or it can also be the hose that runs your speedometer and it connects to a fitting right iner the drive shaft. that sound from the motor. are you sure its the motor huh? and not the jet pump?

Quote Originally Posted by ch1421 View Post
    alright so i got the motor to turn over just by the start button but it sounds bad.
    the tube im talking about is see through, a little bit smaller than the diameter of a drinking straw, and i found it completely disconnected but still clamped together to the side of the ski with all the other fuel lines. its the only clear one out of everything. in the gas compartment

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ch1421 View Post
    Please post a picture if you can.

You also need to isolate the problem.... is it engine or pump related. There are a few ways to do this.

+1
    Sounds like the gas tank breather tube you are talking about...but missing the end plug? As for the whinning sound...check the pump stator and if you have a flexible light, check your cylinder walls to make sure they are not scored and it's not the pistons causing the sound.

Thread Information