Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: hull cooling

+1

Question hull cooling

I know this subject has been touched numerous times but I just had an idea and haven't seen it mentioned before so im thinking this is new. anywho, has anyone tried using a bilge blower to push out hot air using the rear vent area like where a rear air intake goes. I was thinking if we mounted the exhaust side of the blower underneath that grate pointing up with the intake side pointing down, would this be a way of drawing in the cool air we need from the front to the back and out and actually be effective?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mbaseball3 View Post
    I know this subject has been touched numerous times but I just had an idea and haven't seen it mentioned before so im thinking this is new. anywho, has anyone tried using a bilge blower to push out hot air using the rear vent area like where a rear air intake goes. I was thinking if we mounted the exhaust side of the blower underneath that grate pointing up with the intake side pointing down, would this be a way of drawing in the cool air we need from the front to the back and out and actually be effective?
    Snoman has them on both our skis.I do notice if i dont turn it on my RPMs wont go up to were they are suppost to be.As soon as i turn the blower on the RPMs come back up.So i would think they work pretty well.

mbaseball3 and I/2 I will be serious with this post, no kidding around I thought about that I idea until I took a hard long look at the front of my RXP and the rear. If You open up the front and the rear...."THE HULL" will be ventilated and Temps will go down. Now you add this mod to JD1's open loop system......then it's a Now figure out a way to keep the intake air cold from begining to end of process and Now figure out to hang on to that ski and Get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Snoman View Post
    Snoman has them on both our skis.I do notice if i dont turn it on my RPMs wont go up to were they are suppost to be.As soon as i turn the blower on the RPMs come back up.So i would think they work pretty well.
    HI ! Gorgeous !!!!!!! .............

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer 1 View Post
    mbaseball3 and I/2 I will be serious with this post, no kidding around I thought about that I idea until I took a hard long look at the front of my RXP and the rear. If You open up the front and the rear...."THE HULL" will be ventilated and Temps will go down. Now you add this mod to JD1's open loop system......then it's a Now figure out a way to keep the intake air cold from begining to end of process and Now figure out to hang on to that ski and Get it?
    jammer1 and 2/3 I was actually thinking of your mod while I was thinking of the rear blower idea. in imagination land I see it working. on paper too. in real world though I dunno. like mrs snowman said, rpms changed with a flip of a switch.

jammer1 and 2/3 I was actually thinking of your mod while I was thinking of the rear blower idea. in imagination land I see it working. on paper too. in real world though I dunno. like mrs snowman said, rpms changed with a flip of a switch.
    I am a living proof that it works. Another forum member that is running a turbo followed my design. Jerry the owner of this site, I think I read that he's opening up the front of his FZR Welllllllllllll what do ya know Look at this pictures, I used to take care of this babies for a rich guy in the valley Notice that Front is Ram intake and "REAR" is always Vacumn.......it's the nature of the Beast. The more you go faster forward, the more you ram air into your hull and cool down things It's really not rocket science. The problem with the electric blower is that it feeds power on my Battery. At that time, I have a full on stereo system that will put any ski boat to shame I took all of it when I went racing to each it's own. Ya asked, I just gave ya my .02 cents ask me again and I will have to charge you

I am a living proof that it works. Another forum member that is running a turbo followed my design. Jerry the owner of this site, I think I read that he's opening up the front of his FZR Welllllllllllll what do ya know Look at this pictures, I used to take care of this babies for a rich guy in the valley Notice that Front is Ram intake and "REAR" is always Vacumn.......it's the nature of the Beast. The more you go faster forward, the more you ram air into your hull and cool down things It's really not rocket science. The problem with the electric blower is that it feeds power on my Battery. At that time, I have a full on stereo system that will put any ski boat to shame I took all of it when I went racing to each it's own. Ya asked, I just gave ya my .02 cents ask me again and I will have to charge you
    OPPS, forgot the pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 537.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	145126   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 697.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	145127   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 691.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	145128  

+1
    ah I see. that's what I was waiting for. it puts a strain on the battery. so your saying the strain is massive enough to make the idea useless? no real gain? no plus plus? more like plus negative?

ah I see. that's what I was waiting for. it puts a strain on the battery. so your saying the strain is massive enough to make the idea useless? no real gain? no plus plus? more like plus negative?
    What I am saying is that, why take power off my battery if I can use the forward motion of the ski to cool me down while moving. The Blower like missy said is a good idea too, but will use power off my battery, which I was limited too. It was hard to push start an RXP at dead stop Missy, If ya can read this....I didn't say anything wrong with your post. Remember Jammer 1 Loves ya baby

+1
    What I am saying is that, why take power off my battery if I can use the forward motion of the ski to cool me down while moving. The Blower like missy said is a good idea too, but will use power off my battery, which I was limited too. It was hard to push start an RXP at dead stop Missy, If ya can read this....I didn't say anything wrong with your post. Remember Jammer 1 Loves ya baby
    Otay!

jammer they got sites for that flirty stuff.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information