Changing spark plugs on FX HO 2008 Help... lol

its been ideling rough and running like a pig, I am guesing its the plugs.........I am doing them tomorrow I had a peak down at them.

There not rubber type clup on how do you remove the wires off the plugs? is there a trick to it?

And also was wondering does anyone know the tention talk to put the new plugs in at/

Or do you just nip them up?

Help for this would be appreciated, expecially removing the wires off the plugs......it looks pretty funky never seen anything like that before.

Dam nearly forgot spark plug gap anyone know that ??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nowornever View Post
    its been ideling rough and running like a pig, I am guesing its the plugs.........I am doing them tomorrow I had a peak down at them.

There not rubber type clup on how do you remove the wires off the plugs? is there a trick to it?

And also was wondering does anyone know the tention talk to put the new plugs in at/

Or do you just nip them up?

Help for this would be appreciated, expecially removing the wires off the plugs......it looks pretty funky never seen anything like that before.

Dam nearly forgot spark plug gap anyone know that ??
    in your owners manual it has all the specs and instructions for removing and replacing the spark plugs. All tools that you will need came with your ski. A torque wrench is highly recommended though.

The plugs should have a little anti seize put on the threads before installing. The dealer is supposed to do that at the 10 hr checkup. The plugs are covered by their own coil which is held on with a small bolt. You can remove the wires from the coils, but I don't think you have too. Do one at a time. Go slow and don't force anything on the aluminium head. As with most new plugs you want to crush the gasket and that is about a 1/4 turn after it makes contact. When I check old plugs and put them back in I go less, about 1/8 of a turn since the gasket is crushed already. I don't have my book in front of me but use a torque wrench and check if you are unsure. The plugs are deep and some cheap sockets are too fat. Don't drop anything in the hole of course. Since they are covered they should be clean but blowing out the hole with compressed air before removing the plug is always good practice.

I recommend unclipping the wires from the black plug caps. 2 reasons, you can then wrestle the caps off without fear of ruining the wires and, when re-attaching, you can put a smear of dielectric grease on the connectors.

Thread Information