04 RXP ECU problem

Hello everyone,

Everything was working great one day until I half flooded the hull. Since then the engine seems to have gone into limp mode and the gauges no longer respond. However the engine still starts and runs well. I thought the problem was my MPEM since it was practically buried under water but I got a different one here on the forum and that has lessened the amount of beep codes but still no two chirps when I put the key on. I know everything else works properly since I was able to check it with a working ecu. However it doesn't work for my motor since it was a NA and not a SCIC ECU. Is it possible that a good ECU can still run the engine without comunicating with the LCD? Would it be suggested to get a new ECU or take it in to service to see if they can "reprogram" it to work with the LCD and MPEM? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    Elephant Butte New Mexico
    i recently dealt with a similar but not identical circumstance.

Two things bouncing around...

1-ecu is shot
    2-current ecu got blipped and can be recovered with a connection to buds so various bits can be reflashed.

in my case the gauges were dead, the engine cranked, but no spark. recognized the key.

Had to send it to a seadoo dealer to program it. They copied the map out of the opld ecu and shot it into a working ecu I found on ebay.

all good

gauges checked out on a similar boat to be working, as did the mpem, I it _had_ to be the ecu ( luckily...not having a parts depatment makes this a risky guess.)

anyhow if you can easily get into seadoo, get it reprogrammed, be ready to buy a new ecu however if need be. Having a spare of the exact same part number eases the pain of the rtail on a new ecu. You mgith not need it.

Thread Information