+1

Spraying the lawn

Iam needing info on a sprayer to pull behind my lawn mower to spray my two acre's for weeds and such! Would like the brand you use an idea of the price and the good and the bad of the product. Also what chemicals do you use such as weed killer, crabgrass killer, pre and post emergance, ETC. that WORK!
    Thnaks!

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    your going to want to get something that has the pump driven my a PTO and 3pt hitch mounted. its easier to maintain than getting something that has a gas motor on it. also your going to need at least a 5-7ft boom. if you have a smaller tractor/lawn mower just about any pull behind will work. I recommend Briggs&Stratton motor.
    as for chemical you need to use 2,4-D. it controls chic weed and dandelions ect. you can get this at Rural King. for crab grass control you are going to need to fertilize with crab grass control in the fall and or early spring.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    your going to want to get something that has the pump driven my a PTO and 3pt hitch mounted. its easier to maintain than getting something that has a gas motor on it. also your going to need at least a 5-7ft boom. if you have a smaller tractor/lawn mower just about any pull behind will work. I recommend Briggs&Stratton motor.
    as for chemical you need to use 2,4-D. it controls chic weed and dandelions ect. you can get this at Rural King. for crab grass control you are going to need to fertilize with crab grass control in the fall and or early spring.
    +1...if it's only for home use i would go down to sears and check to see what they have if you're on a budget...

i know this is off topic but before winter comes i've heard that it's a good idea if laying winterizer on a lawn to mix it in with a bag of grass seed...just thought id ask your opinion

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by gorilla03 View Post
    +1...if it's only for home use i would go down to sears and check to see what they have if you're on a budget...

i know this is off topic but before winter comes i've heard that it's a good idea if laying winterizer on a lawn to mix it in with a bag of grass seed...just thought id ask your opinion
    thats fertilizer...not grass seed

Thread Information