Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: prop pitch help

i will get all the rest i need when im dead corkycat's Avatar
    +1

prop pitch help

ive just purchased an sho and want to put an aftermarket prop in to gain a bit more speed and torque,, what is the best pitch ratio to go for.. the ski is standard with no mods.

+1
    The 12/20 is supposed to replace the stock one.

^^^ I took that Pic!^^^ PixxByTango's Avatar
    I went out today to test the changes made to my stock impeller and I have to say an easy 3mph on gps verified that clipping the blades made a huge gain! When the tank dropped to two bars, I picked up another 1.5 mph for 4.5 mph gain over my stock dinged up impeller.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by PixxByTango View Post
    I went out today to test the changes made to my stock impeller and I have to say an easy 3mph on gps verified that clipping the blades made a huge gain! When the tank dropped to two bars, I picked up another 1.5 mph for 4.5 mph gain over my stock dinged up impeller.

Are those gains from your original stock numbers or the numbers you had while it was damaged?

Quote Originally Posted by BPnta View Post
    The 12/20 is supposed to replace the stock one.

+1

+1
    If you plan on modding the ski at all later on then you're going to have to do another new impeller. I would say the stock prop is fine for a stock ski, but that's just my opinion. Just throwing a prop on there is not going to gain you much.

Quote Originally Posted by BPnta View Post

Are those gains from your original stock numbers or the numbers you had while it was damaged?
    The numbers are above any speeds my ski has yet attained. While I have been posting gains from each modification completed, the total gain and ability to utilize those mods was somewhat lost due to the degradation of the factory impeller. I actually knew something had to be wrong because my gains from the mods were not as great as those others here had posted. So I pulled the pump and decided to mod my impeller and tweak it over buying a new one. I just didn't want to buy a replacement now and then be forced to buy another one in a couple months once the rest of my mods are done.

I couldn't be happier with the performance gains. In comparison to the GPS the display is only 1-2 mph off on the average. In the past I had seen only 72-73 mph tops... now in a light ripple water condition at 2-bars fuel, one click high trim and my 230# ass, I see a steady 78 mph which the gps shows a top of 76.4 mph.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by PixxByTango View Post
    I couldn't be happier with the performance gains. In comparison to the GPS the display is only 1-2 mph off on the average. In the past I had seen only 72-73 mph tops... now in a light ripple water condition at 2-bars fuel, one click high trim and my 230# ass, I see a steady 78 mph which the gps shows a top of 76.4 mph.
    I'm not understanding this part at all. Are you going by the speedometer or a GPS?

Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    I'm not understanding this part at all. Are you going by the speedometer or a GPS?
    Re-READ it. I am using a GPS to base my findings and find that my stock Speedo is not too far off.

Next question?

+1
    So, you're going 76 GPS on a stock SHO with a repitched prop? Am I reading it correctly now?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information