Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

I SUNK TODAY...(05rxp) any ideas what it was

everything fine for 2 minutes then i slow down and notice it making a weird engine noise and i shut it off look inside seat and the engine bay is half way filled with water so i push it in to shore. (thankfully i was only in 3-4 feet of water on shoreline) i got a buddy of mine to pull it in and we loaded it up on trailer and all the water came pouring out. the water didnt get up to the spark plug area....but im not sure if water did enter combustion area.... OH.....AND I LOST BOTH OF MY KEYS (LOW SPEED AND HIGH SPEED) SO I CANT EVEN TRY TO TURN HER OVER NOW!!!!! ANYONE SELLING A KEY OR KNOW WHAT I CAN DO????? Do i need to buy an ecu with the key? or buy a key from dealer and have them reprogram it??? how does this work. (i sat the key down on the beach and i think someone stole it) anyhow.....is there anything i can do for the rxp right now without a key?????? does anyone think its the driveshaft seal .....i think i read about those being bad in the 04-05 models???? the only mod i have is an intake grate by riva...and i rode with it about 5 times and no problems...all the bolts are still in...and i put loctite on them. thanks to anyone who thinks they know what happened. i prolly need to take it to a dealer to have them diagnose whats wrong with it.

Banned User
    Here ya go, follow these directions;

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3558

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2005cdoorxp View Post
    everything fine for 2 minutes then i slow down and notice it making a weird engine noise and i shut it off look inside seat and the engine bay is half way filled with water so i push it in to shore. (thankfully i was only in 3-4 feet of water on shoreline) i got a buddy of mine to pull it in and we loaded it up on trailer and all the water came pouring out. the water didnt get up to the spark plug area....but im not sure if water did enter combustion area.... OH.....AND I LOST BOTH OF MY KEYS (LOW SPEED AND HIGH SPEED) SO I CANT EVEN TRY TO TURN HER OVER NOW!!!!! ANYONE SELLING A KEY OR KNOW WHAT I CAN DO????? Do i need to buy an ecu with the key? or buy a key from dealer and have them reprogram it??? how does this work. (i sat the key down on the beach and i think someone stole it) anyhow.....is there anything i can do for the rxp right now without a key?????? does anyone think its the driveshaft seal .....i think i read about those being bad in the 04-05 models???? the only mod i have is an intake grate by riva...and i rode with it about 5 times and no problems...all the bolts are still in...and i put loctite on them. thanks to anyone who thinks they know what happened. i prolly need to take it to a dealer to have them diagnose whats wrong with it.

Sounds like the carbon seal went bad..Fill the ski up to above the driveshaft and see if water comes out the pump tunnel..Chances are the seal took a crap....As far as your keys go,The dealer can and will sell you a new one unless you go off of E-Bay..BUT you may have to wait to get it and with water in your motor your gonna want to get it out ASAP..NO need to buy a ECU..yours is fine..They can progam the key to your ECU No problem..So i would buy one from the dealer and have him program it so you can start your ski and get the rest of the water out..

Right now with no key i would change out the oil....Pull all the oil out and refill the system the best you can..That way you hopefully can pull some of the water out of the crank case....Until you can start it this is about the best you can do unless somebody else has some ideas...

+1
    sorry to hear about your issue.
    Sounds like water came up pretty high best thing you done is not trying to turn over your ski. But you need to get it dried out and cranked up as soon as possible.
    Then worry about how water got in hull but get the engine dried out and cranked up asap.
    Water could have entered thru exhaust and possiblly air intake.
    Its possible since you havent tried to turn it over water has not entered oil.

heres something for yall to chew on.......i found a mechanics rag....(one of those red ones ) in my ski near the drive shaft.........now im thinking that one of the mechanics left it in there......but ive never noticed it until tonight after i sunk.....is it possible that it somehow got sucked into the ski thru the drive shaft somehow.....i dont see that as a possibility but i may be wrong. im going to fill up the ski with water and see if it comes out of the pump tunnel but can someone tell me exactly where to look???? an i looking underneath the ski near the intake grate?????or is this near the pump where the exaust is????

also just undid the intake (hose that connects to supercharger ) and a ton of water came out of intake?????//what do i do now? drain oil and what else???

pump tunnel??? where is this snoman??? thanks

+1
    What bout the hose from sc to tb how much water in there. If was me if water got into intake mani i would pull and dry, suck any water out of top of valves and reinstall.

what ever water you can keep from getting in oil the better.
    As soon as you turn it over any water in mani will enter valves .

havent taken off the short hose from sc to tb....it has that damn oetiker clamp on it...ill take it off tho....thanks for the quick response... this really sux.......

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2005cdoorxp View Post
    havent taken off the short hose from sc to tb....it has that damn oetiker clamp on it...ill take it off tho....thanks for the quick response... this really sux.......
    replace with a different clamp, no biggie. The water that was in intake came in thru front. You need to see if water filled sc and entered into mani. It has to get very high to do that but you need to see.

Also, if water gets higher then top of j pipe water could siphon backwards and enter exhaust mani.

Is this salt water or fresh???

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information