Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Local Idiots

Local Idiots

No wonder why jetskis keep getting a bad wrap around here - it's idot's like these two.

Published : Saturday, 08 Aug 2009, 8:20 PM EDT
    Milford (WTNH) - West Shore Fire District found and rescued two lost jet skiers Friday night.
    A call had been made to 911 saying that the two men had been missing for around half an hour.
    The jet skiers were found approximately 200 yards from the shore near Milford, where they had lost control of the jet ski and had been thrown off of them. Only one of the men was wearing a life-jacket, which the two shared to stay afloat while screaming for help.
    According to the rescued men, they had purchased the jet ski that day and were inexperienced in its operation.

LOL West Shore is where I live. Im not at all surprised.

The west haven and milford beaches are rank with people like that. people on our beach buy new skis and ride them right up on the beach, drive over anchor lines, hit other skis, its only a matter of time until someone gets run over or hurt.

I finally got all the details on this story as it was the talk of our beach this weekend and its actually quite funny.

Apparently this guy gets a new ski and decides to take his buddy out for a ride in long island sound.

I believe they were from milford.

The driver and owner of the ski wore a vest. the passenger did not. The driver did not clip the lanyard to his vest and proceeded to whip the ski around. Both of them got tossed and the ski kept going. The west shore fire department rescued them via boat some time later. they were huddled together with one vest floating in the middle of long island sound and the ski was no where to be found. the ski was then found some time later and quite a ways off.

true story.
    Last edited by caliburst; 08-18-2009 at 02:16 PM.

I should have gone looking for that ski that night - I kind of figured they didn't have the smarts to use the lanyard. Could have gotten myself a new ski for free...

I was thinking that to myself 'what would you do if you suddenly saw a ski come riding by with no one on it?' lol...

Morons! I saw two dopes on a ski yesterday. One had no life vest and the other was wearing one of the big orange pull overs that goes around your neck. Nothing like getting your ears ripped off when you take a spill at 40mph. Some people are just complete idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by twelvesorbetter View Post
    Sooo... perhaps its a valid argument that people should be required to have a safe boating and pwc license before buying a ski. after all, a car dealership wont sell a car to someone without a drivers license....

Actually they will sell to someone without s drivers license, my grandfather who is legally blind and deaf bought a new Pilot last fall for the family to use taking him on errands and Drs appointments. No problems he just had to have his state ID for the paperwork.

Yeah.. if youre buying it for someone else I guess.. but I assumed you need some kind of license to get through the paperwork and etc..

Regardless, just because the person who buys a ski has a license doesnt mean that the people who end up riding it will.

Its a hard thing to police.. and Im sure there are a lot of people who ride w/o a license or a clue...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GP1300R View Post
    Morons! I saw two dopes on a ski yesterday. One had no life vest and the other was wearing one of the big orange pull overs that goes around your neck. Nothing like getting your ears ripped off when you take a spill at 40mph. Some people are just complete idiots.
    I saw the same thing on memorial day weekend in Jersey. The guy was wearing a life vest and the girl on the back had that orange pull over on. The asshole was also speeding in a no wake zone and acting very irradictly. Luckily no one got hurt but all these boaters immediatly looked at us and we weren't even with the guy.

great avatar!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information