Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Problem with performance adds???????

I recently added the RR intercooler and racing ECU to my RXP and am having a problem with RPM. The previous adds were a Riva inlet and SC impellar with a 14/19 Solas that ran 68.6 mph at 8100 all day, any day.
    With the intercooler and ECU, RPM has dropped to 7350-7500 and speeds to about 63. (All GPS, same place.) We did the removal of the jumper on detonation, per the instructions. We checked the SC and found it a little "soft", so replaced the clutches - no difference at all. It feels like there's no blower at all, or maybe the BOV is venting all the time, but I do hear it pop occasionally on rough water. I have changed props and even re-installed the stock ECU, but no results differences at all. Haven't checked but one spark plug, but it's fine, idle and sound are fine. Could there be more to the detonation sensor reversal than what I read, or could it have damaged the MPEM. It runs great, just won't rev. Any ideas appreciated....... Terry

+1
    Wish I could give you an answer. I've been dealing with the same problem for months now. I can't get more than 7650 RPM with the RR Stage I.

Franko, Looks like we've formed a new club, to which neither of us wants to belong. I've got a call in to GP now and will advise of any results. Terry

+1
    you did buy the fatter racing ecu right?? if you bought the stock rr ecu then you need to leave the jumper in, i had the same problem and it was all in the ecu, i traded from the stock class racing ecu to the modified head ecu, it works great

+1
    terry, did you check this thread out?

http://www.greenhulk.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=245

Gentlemen, First, thanks for the help. I did buy the racing ECU and did the removal of the jumper (line 3 of my post) exactly per the instructions
    (which real men like me never read). Anyway, we had an idea this am and decided to test. I put a small trash bag on the BOV and it filled with air while in the idle position. To me, the valve should be sealed with no flow until excess boost occurs. I'm removing the BOV and capping it for a lake test this pm if it doesn't storm... really black sky. Has anybody else found this a problem. Franko, do you have a POV? Terry

+1
    No BOV as of now. But I am installing one as soon as I put my engine back in the ski.

Frank doesn't the Stage 2 kit come with a BV between the IC and SC? By the way how are you progressing on your install?

+1
    Yes, it does come with a BOV. Nothing happening with the install. Waiting on new oil pumps before I can put the engine back in. Relatives are coming in tomorrow, so I probably won't have time to mess with it for a while.

stick with riva .. i dont know anyone that has added rotax parts wheather it be a clutch or rr ecu that is problem free .....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information