Question 95 sl 750 cutting out

I have a polaris 95 sl 750 that is cutting out. I had gotten water in the tank from a cracked gas fill (common problem it seems ). I replaced it and the ski has not ran right since. It ran great for about 45 minutes then I parked it. Now it cuts out when I corner or after about 10 minutes of riding. I checked the bowl with the water catcher ( not sure what it is called ) and it is not filling up like it use to. There are filters inline from the tank and they are not filled. I can see that it is fuel starved but do not know where to begin. Could the water have done something to the fuel pump.When I open the gas tank there was pressure on it. The lines and connections are good. It has to be stopped up. I am not familiar with how the fuel system work on these ski. I am familiar with automotive but not this. Any suggestions to where to begin ....

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk!

Has the whole fuel system been gone through, and updated? Does it still have the grey tempo brand fuel lines? If so, it's time to replace them, and clean/rebuild the carbs.

Have a look here for alot of useful information. You will want to look here under this title for good info about your ski.

Click here for information specific to the Fuji engined Polaris PWC (1992-1997)
    These have engine sizes of 650, 750, and 780cc, and the engines are normally painted blue.

Smile

Fuel system hoses has been replaced. They are a heavier black hose. I am new to PWC's. I have had boats all my life but ventured into these about 6 months ago. Needless to say with any toy, I have learned alot in the 6 months. I think that I found the problem. I figured that air would have to mix into the system somewhere so I plundered. My air hose running into the tank was lying in the botom of the hull along with the oil injector air hose. They were clogged. I cleaned them up and relocated them to a higher position. Cranked right up and has been running for about 2 hours. Thanks for the other links and advice. Your sight ROCKS!

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGEND View Post
    Fuel system hoses has been replaced. They are a heavier black hose. I am new to PWC's. I have had boats all my life but ventured into these about 6 months ago. Needless to say with any toy, I have learned alot in the 6 months. I think that I found the problem. I figured that air would have to mix into the system somewhere so I plundered. My air hose running into the tank was lying in the botom of the hull along with the oil injector air hose. They were clogged. I cleaned them up and relocated them to a higher position. Cranked right up and has been running for about 2 hours. Thanks for the other links and advice. Your sight ROCKS!
    You lost me? What air hoses are you talking about? You mean the siphon hoses that pump the bilge water out? The shouldn't be up high cause they will never get the water out of the hull. I suspect you had water in your carbs and it finally cleared up.

Picture please

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    Tank vent lines perhaps?

yes tank vent lines. They were long and ran underneath the motor to the back. The oil and fuel vent line were tied together and was lying in the little bit of water. They were also clogged up. It ran fine all day.

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    That's cool you got it all figured out. First time I have heard of that happening.

Thread Information