Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1

    performance difference 215 to 255

    Stock for Stock. How much more performance is there on a 2008 RXTX and a 2005 RXT?
    I have a 2005 RXT with 100 hours and S/C rebuilt and washers at 85 hours. Is this a good motor to perform mods on to get it to run somewhere in the 70s? What is needed to run low 70s on this machine?
    Last edited by Kragar; 08-19-2009 at 10:39 AM.


  2. #2
    eric1238's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Smith Mtn. Lake VA
    Posts
    728
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Kragar View Post
    Stock for Stock. How much more performance is there on a 2008 RXTX and a 2005 RXT?
    I have a 2005 RXT with 100 hours and S/C rebuilt and washers at 85 hours. Is this a good motor to perform mods on to get it to run somewhere in the 70s? What is needed to run low 70s on this machine?

    Low 70s should not be too hard. Read this and look for good deals on used parts

    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32383

  3. #3
    Been there and back! BDNJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Silver Bay, Toms River, N.J.
    Posts
    1,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Kragar View Post
    Stock for Stock. How much more performance is there on a 2008 RXTX and a 2005 RXT?
    I have a 2005 RXT with 100 hours and S/C rebuilt and washers at 85 hours. Is this a good motor to perform mods on to get it to run somewhere in the 70s? What is needed to run low 70s on this machine?

    stock for stock. 64-65 t vs 68-69 t-x....plus much more low-end on x.

  4. #4
    How many hours are these motors good for? Just wondering if with just over 100 hours if it is wise to start trying to make this quicker? My thoughts are to run more boost but keep with high test pump fuel at most Canadian pumps (91) and new impeller intake grate and cold air kit. Thinking this should get me running just over 70.
    Thinking on running one of Racetech chargers. Any thoughts?

  5. #5
    The green '05 rxt is faster than the red.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Aurora Ontario Canada
    Posts
    360
    +1
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Kragar View Post
    How many hours are these motors good for? Just wondering if with just over 100 hours if it is wise to start trying to make this quicker? My thoughts are to run more boost but keep with high test pump fuel at most Canadian pumps (91) and new impeller intake grate and cold air kit. Thinking this should get me running just over 70.
    Thinking on running one of Racetech chargers. Any thoughts?

    I'm in Canada we run simcoe area not sure where you are from anyways, I run the mods in my sig and have run them WOT on 87 from the pump too with no troubles, heck we have a knock sensor for a reason.

    100 hours is diddly for modding have fun and go for it.

  7. #7
    masta2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    montreal-quebec
    Posts
    576
    +1
    1
    BRP reps here in quebec claim they test their machines for 300h and with proper maintenance they could easily go 900h

  8. #8
    Swedish Viking Craigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,367
    +1
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by masta2000 View Post
    BRP reps here in quebec claim they test their machines for 300h and with proper maintenance they could easily go 900h
    Just ride it 'till the prop falls off.

  9. #9
    masta2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    montreal-quebec
    Posts
    576
    +1
    1
    +1

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by turbojamie View Post
    I'm in Canada we run simcoe area not sure where you are from anyways, I run the mods in my sig and have run them WOT on 87 from the pump too with no troubles, heck we have a knock sensor for a reason.

    100 hours is diddly for modding have fun and go for it.
    I run in the Bay of Quinte and the Trent.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. RXP vs RXT - Performance wise is there a big difference?
    By skeeterzx225 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-12-2016, 02:09 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 09:26 PM
  3. Engine performance differance after rebuild.
    By Thinker in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-07-2012, 10:10 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-29-2012, 10:53 PM
  5. the reliabilty and performance difference between the 07-08 250x and 09-10 260x
    By jetdave56 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 03-10-2011, 12:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •